Best bars and pubs

Granadaiscool

Registered
What are the best bars and pubs(not restaurants or restobars!!!!) to meet nice people and where something is going on.
(80% guys and 20% woman is not a good time)

From my experience most people come into the bars with a group or boyfriend/girlfriends. So its hard to meet single people or even just people out on there own and this is from my experience I could be wrong.

It´s not just that but as well that they don´t want to party or talk to other people. About 99% of all men just go out to find a girl, instead of having a good time

You need to visit the milongas. Keep away from the more touristy ones like Ideal. In between each dance people talk on the dance floor and at the end of the tanda you just return to your seat. I took my wife (experienced) and a lady from NZ (non tango dancer) out together for a week, and every time I left them alone they were up dancing.
Normally I will not leave my wife alone in these places because she speaks no spanish, and just stands ther looking dumb and getting embarassed. If you speek good spanish you will have no problems.

"tangobob" said:
You need to visit the milongas. Keep away from the more touristy ones like Ideal. In between each dance people talk on the dance floor and at the end of the tanda you just return to your seat. I took my wife (experienced) and a lady from NZ (non tango dancer) out together for a week, and every time I left them alone they were up dancing.
Normally I will not leave my wife alone in these places because she speaks no spanish, and just stands ther looking dumb and getting embarassed. If you speek good spanish you will have no problems.
I don´t like melancholic dances like the tango. A Millonga is also not really a good place to go alone or with a friend. Actually it´s only possible with a group of people or with a lady friend

"Granadaiscool" said:
It´s not just that but as well that they don´t want to party or talk to other people. About 99% of all men just go out to find a girl, instead of having a good time
I am sorry but I do not agree with the statement saying that 99% of men just go to pubs or bars to find a girl. Myself and also a lot of people I know just go to these kind of places to talk, drink or eat, and that's it. If it is the case that there's another group you have the chance to talk to, why not right? But that's not the main goal to achieve. More, sometimes people are kind of shy and though they are strongly thinking they would like to talk to the people besides them they will not do it unless they get a kind of "allowance" from the other group (a little comment about anything happening around will work well for example). I don't know what kind of people you hang out with, but believe me, that percentage is not accurate at all. I would risk a 50%.

"Granadaiscool" said:
I don´t like melancholic dances like the tango. A Millonga is also not really a good place to go alone or with a friend. Actually it´s only possible with a group of people or with a lady friend
I can't comment on how it feels for a woman to go alone, but hey you don't like the Tango and live in BsAs? There are upbeat songs as well, try listening to Milonga Sentimental and not moving your feet. OK I have gone off the thread, and I am becoming a tango bore, but then I am addicted.

I like Dada which is located on San Martin, between Paraguay and M.T.de Alvear. Gibralter is also also nice place, located on Peru, between Estados Unidos and Independencia. Finally, check out this link:

Back