Best brokers for apartment rental

ssr

Registered
My girlfriend and I may need to rent an apartment soon (with a two-year lease and a guarantor and all that) and I'm wondering what's the best place to start. Any of these real estate places that I walk by? Newspapers? Some website?

I don't want to get (too) screwed with broker's fees and whatnot. Any recommendations for decent, honest, not-too-expensive apartment rental brokers or, possibly, a way to get around brokers and go straight to apartment owners?

ssr said:
My girlfriend and I may need to rent an apartment soon (with a two-year lease and a guarantor and all that) and I'm wondering what's the best place to start. Any of these real estate places that I walk by? Newspapers? Some website?

I don't want to get (too) screwed with broker's fees and whatnot. Any recommendations for decent, honest, not-too-expensive apartment rental brokers or, possibly, a way to get around brokers and go straight to apartment owners?

Enter "dueño directo ar" in the google search box.

Do either of you speak casetllano? If not, you may find it rather difficult to "get around" the system.

Reactions: ssr
The development of internet was meant to get rid of the middlemen useless services. Unfortunatly you don t get rid of parasites so easily, when you close the door, they enter by the window.

You could check with non professional websites used by owners like :
http://www.enbuenosaires.com/, even tho realtors like to advertise on those too.

The best option is still to know a friend who knows a friend who....

The good point for you is that you are looking right before summer vacations, when rental offers exceed by far demand. This makes prices more negociable.

Reactions: ssr
steveinbsas said:
Enter "dueño directo ar" in the google search box.

Do either of you speak casetllano? If not, you may find it rather difficult to "get around" the system.

Thanks for the tip. She's Argentine and her father's a lawyer so we'll be cool. She's just never looked for an apartment rental before (her parents own the apartment we're in now but, long story, we may need another apartment soon) and doesn't know where to start and neither do I. I would like to avoid as much BA bullshit as possible but that is usually much easier said than done.

Back