Best bus companies to Mendoza?

sgarlow

Registered
Which companies are the best for going to Mendoza? Good/bar experiences? I've read good things about Via Bariloche, but it doesn't go to Mendoza. Any to definitely avoid?

Also, for 15 hours, is semicama OK or do we definitely want Cama Ejecutivo?

Thanks for the help. It's my first long-distance Argentine bus.

I have travelled a lot by bus around Argentine over the past four years, mostly for work. I highly recommend the CATA line, which does go to Mendoza. I always recommend Ejecutivo, but it obviously depends on the budget. There is another option though, with various names, but usually something like Cama deluxe. This 3 seats across and the seats go farther back.

Nice trip, but it pretty flat until Mendoza!

RR

You definitely want at least the Cama Ejecutivo and to be on the TOP FLOOR.

Not to get too into it but I took Cama Ejec to Mendoza and it was comfortable enough.

But going back to Buenos Aires I had a seat on the lower part of the bus and it was terrible.

I am ~6 ft and I felt trapped. The ceiling was much lower and the air was stale. Plus the bathroom is downstairs so that does not make for the best smells.

I can't recall which company I took to Mendoza but I know it was not on a CATA bus. I remember thinking CATA looked so much more comfortable and "upgraded" than my bus.

I know when I went to San Martin de los Andes I had Via Bariloche cama suite which was phenomenal and to Mar del Plata I took Tony Tur cama ejec which also was great.

Good Luck and if I remember the name of my Mendoza bus I will let you know!

Went to Mendoza in Feb with Chevallier in semi cama. The bus left late and broke down in the middle of the night. We had to wait several hours for a replacement, so the whole trip took us 18 hours instead of 14.
We did the return trip with CATA, also semi cama, and had a much better experience. Better service, newer bus, and arrival slightly ahead of time.

Thanks. Great to know. Is it obvious while booking what seats are on the top? And what's the advised way to book -- directly through the companies or through a site like plataforma10?

CATA, Sendas and Andesmar have good service. Hopefully you'll get a newer bus. The older ones usually aren't quite as comfortable. As mentioned before, make sure to get Cama Ejecutivo/Cama Suite/Cama Total.

A few weeks ago I travelled on CATA and the service was excellent, the food was quite good and the bathrooms were cleaned several times during the night. My only complaint was that the wifi wasn't working.

I have lived in San Rafael for 3.5 years now and traveled to and from BA on numerous occasions. At first I always used Andesmar. It has 'always' been excellent. The last round trip I took we used La Union on suggestion from my Argentine sig other. It was also excellent. Another ExPat here swears by La Union.

There is another option which is Iselin which is based in Mendza and does the BA route. I kow because my neighbor is one of their drivers. It is also a very good bus line.

Hope that helps......

TC

Thanks. Is there any downside to booking online with plataforma10 as opposed to going in person?

sgarlow said:
Thanks. Is there any downside to booking online with plataforma10 as opposed to going in person?

Nope, we always book through Plataforma10.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Redpossum Expat Life 1
hankscott Expat Life 6
B Expat Life 3
lunar Expat Life 4
prettejohn Expat Life 11
Back