Best carrier for iPhone.

TomAtAlki

Registered
Hi all. We're back in beautiful BA today and have a couple of unlocked iPhone 4s'. I know this has been covered but today, which is the best carrier to buy a sim and minutes from?

Thank you much.

Depends on what version you have. If it's CDMA it's probably Personal. If it's a GSM it's probably Movistar. Just check the 3G radio bands to make sure the carrier supports that particular device.

Movistar has been horrible! Their 3G service must be over-saturated as I have been having non-stop problems with them on my iPhone 4. I constantly lose 3G or it just does not work. I'd check for someone else...

We have the sprint version iPhone 4s which is CDMA with an unlocked sim.

Personal, I'd say. I'm using it and happy with the service 1 peso internet per day, but I'd research different companies anyways to be sure new offers and services come up everyday. Prepaid personal works at the US and almost every country in the world.

If it is CDMA then your only real option is Personal ( yay monopolies ). They have pretty good coverage but get an unlimited data plan if you want to use 3G. They are the worst over billers in the country and will screw you on overage charges any chance they get.

TomAtAlki said:

TomAtAlki said:

Cool. Did you manage to get a couple from their first batch with unlocked SIMs ? ... I read they are now only selling locked until you have 60 or 90 days of contract, then they issue the unlock code for the sim.

Anyways, if you can't get a microSIM here and need a cutter let me know. We brought one from the US. You're free to use it. :)

TheBlackHand said:
If it is CDMA then your only real option is Personal ( yay monopolies ). They have pretty good coverage but get an unlimited data plan if you want to use 3G. They are the worst over billers in the country and will screw you on overage charges any chance they get.

Wait what?? Since when is Personal allowing CDMA phones?? I haven't seen cmda phones in argentina in years, I tried to use one with persona some years ago and they laughed at me

hmmm... My understanding is that CDMA has been obsolete in AR for years. I thought CTI (now Claro) was the last to have CDMA phones. ...

in any case, the CDMA part of the iPhones is locked to Sprint or Verizon. It's the GSM chip option on those phones that can be carrier unlocked for international use.

Back