Best Cell Phone Carrier? Moviestar Or Claro?

I have the same doubt. I brought an iPhone and I would like to figure out who can offer the best service. Gracias Chicos!

I have the same Movistar line for more than 10 years, though I've been experiencing some interferences in the past month I think it is a good option.
On the other hand I have a Modem of Claro, that also worked well until I change the service to pre-paid, the administrative process was not good. When it works the connection is not bad.
I hope that I've helped a bit

i read through a lot of posts - very good info about porting phones over, unlocking iphones, temporary sim cards, but not about experiences between carriers, other than Personel being terrible.

i'm going to get some kind of phone running droid - thanks to some very helpful posts about using google voice to call US cheaply over wifi - but still i'm hoping to grok which carrier is best before signing a 1 year contract.

Listen, they all suck. And I am not using the term lightly. They suck. They suck so bad that every time I return to the US, I get amazed at how AMAZINGLY GOOD T-Mobile is in comparison. Take a moment to digest what I just wrote. Deciding between Claro, Movistar and personal is akin of having to decide between being beaten with a lead pipe, a baseball bat or a sledge hammer.

So, the correct question should be: Which carrier in Argentina sucks less?

Well, in this case, it is my personal experience that Claro sucks slightly less. Not by much, I tell you, but Claro makes me want to throw my phone against the wall a little less often than the rest. But don't worry too much about which carrier you end up picking. Whatever your final choice is, you are guaranteed to experience extreme frustration with the lousy services and the high prices. So relax, and just pick whichever you feel like....

For pre-paid phones, Movistar is the best. You can usually get a double or triple credit bonus when you recharge, and there are few problems. For personal, the service sucks but they give you a free number for pre-paid phones. Don't know about Claro

I had movistar contract for the previous month and it was terrible! I'm not just talking about slow internet..even calls were failing, I couldn't hear them or they couldn't hear me. This happened probably 50% of all calls. I've since cancelled the contract (only 60 pesos) and have gone onto pre-paid claro...(mainly becos my iphone was pickpocketed but thats a different story!). So far claro has worked fine..very happy with it

Back