Best Cellular Company

I think the best depends on how much you're willing to pay. If your prepago all 3 are rubbish. Over 200 pesos a month and they'll take care of you.
I recently moved from Claro prepago to Movistar prepago partly because I was frustrated with all the promo messages and the fact that how long my credit lasted didn't seem to correlate with how much I used it. Movistar send me twice as many messages, and the service coverage is a bit patchy.

I wouldn't dream of trying Personal after seeing various Argentine friends mount anti-Personal facebook campaigns, they're obviously doing something wrong...

Not sure, I think it varies according the plan. I know people who have up to 5, people who have 4.

edit: checked: Normal plan 120 pesos=4 numbers
prepaid have usually just one free number for calls and one free for sms/text

Supposedly Movistar is better for calls, and Claro better for data. But's it's still pretty much all bad.
My experience is that Internet is really bad on Movistar (both prepaid and plans). Claro and Personal seem to work better. Regarding voice calls - I think Personal might be a little better as you can buy "packs" with minutes for voice caslls (or combined packs with all: Internet, text message and minutes for voice calls) and call cheaper. With Claro you only have the regualr 3.30 pesos/minute - so far no 'packs'.

Germano, What do you mean by "packs"? Does this apply to prepaid plans?

Tom

My experience is that Internet is really bad on Movistar (both prepaid and plans). Claro and Personal seem to work better. Regarding voice calls - I think Personal might be a little better as you can buy "packs" with minutes for voice caslls (or combined packs with all: Internet, text message and minutes for voice calls) and call cheaper. With Claro you only have the regualr 3.30 pesos/minute - so far no 'packs'.

Germano, What do you mean by "packs"? Does this apply to prepaid plans?

Tom
Yes it applies to prepaid ('tarjeta'). You basically buy one or more of those 'packs' by sending an sms to a special number, by using the my account via web, or by calling *152. They usually last 7 or 30 days (depending on the pack) and once they expire you need to buy new ones or you go back to the standard per minute/per text message/Internet per day rates. Here are the packs that Personal offers: http://www.personal....home/index.html

Back