Best Countries For Expats 2017 – Ranked

Just yesterday a relative muled in a package of basics like decent quality socks and some non-prescription pharm items.

Ah! Third world living at a first world price.

Funny,the day before this came out i decided to leave BA for Costa Rica. Spent a year here and I can only say that this is not a city I want to live in.

Yes the dogshit and the constant barking is annoying but most of all the terrible food, ugly girls and very narrow minds of most argentinians.I suggested an Indian restaurant last time I was out with natives. I got some weird looks and one guy actually said "we are in argentina now, we don't like to try new things" so we went and had a terrible argie style pizza.

The meat that everybody is talking so much about is mediocre. It's just that they eat it everywhere. Good quality meat costs the same here as in europe but is harder to find here. I don't even like to stay up late at nght so I really don't fit in here.

Costa Rica? Which area are you planning to move to? I liked C.R. very much and 10 years ago made a trip there to see about living there. Costs were a little lower, english was common, people were friendly, beautiful mountains and beaches, good food. But I just couldnt see the advantages over Florida (at that time).

Costa Rica? Which area are you planning to move to? I liked C.R. very much and 10 years ago made a trip there to see about living there. Costs were a little lower, english was common, people were friendly, beautiful mountains and beaches, good food. But I just couldnt see the advantages over Florida (at that time).

I have no idea yet but I want to try living in different countries so starting with three months in Santa Marta, Colombia now in december. Then 3 months in Costa Rica and after that three months in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Got the complete ticket for 24K pesos, not so bad.

I have never been to the US (sic!) so after Mexico I might make my way up there. Happy to take recommendations about any/all places!

I have no idea yet but I want to try living in different countries so starting with three months in Santa Marta, Colombia now in december. Then 3 months in Costa Rica and after that three months in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Got the complete ticket for 24K pesos, not so bad.

I have never been to the US (sic!) so after Mexico I might make my way up there. Happy to take recommendations about any/all places!
Seattle, Portland, NYC, Santa Fe are some of my favorite places.
Nancy

Back