Best country to move to when life in Argentina becomes intolerable

You again show what a moron you are by guessing what I am. I hate to burst your bubble as you might cry or slink off to your safe space but I've been living in Argentina since 2012. You do the math to figure out how long that's been. Kindly don't bother me with your drivel as I don't think this site has either a block or ignore feature.

Please block and ignore me as you certainly are not capable of democratic debate . I am a moron and a fool and not worthy of your attention . You being of superior intelligence need to spend your energy correctly . Have a lovely day Investment Banker !

Arequipa or Lima are good choices, the food is far better than that in Argentina, even if the culture is significantly more third world. Expat community is young and fairly small, and unlike Argentina or Chile it's absolutely impossible for your average expat not to be immediately identified as a foreigner, they simply don't have any native whites. This can be annoying.

Valparaiso is sleepy but pretty neat, and you have the cheap Copa flight from Santiago up to California. The food in Chile is better than most people realize. Chileans are less friendly than Argentines or Peruvians though, and the expat community is very small, so one worries about the isolation. I like the cooler weather too.

Colombia is sort of a tough one. There's a large and growing expat community, food is mediocre, and there's a lot of hustling and crime. It's very hot all the time.

Others to consider: Panama (the wannabe Dubai of Latin America) and Mexico City.

Please block and ignore me as you certainly are not capable of democratic debate . I am a moron and a fool and not worthy of your attention . You being of superior intelligence need to spend your energy correctly . Have a lovely day Investment Banker !
Continue making a fool of yourself; was not an investment banker.

Pierre Smith is off base a bit on Colombia. Colombia has a VERY small expat population (me included)....Where I live it is 68-81 degrees everyday and Bogota is certainly colder and the typical food is not mediocre.....it is awful

There are thousands of expats, mostly from Canada and the US, who live in the Guadalajara/Ajijic area and also San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. Excellent climate, lots of history, very good food. A more stable government and currency.
The grass may not be much greener on the Mexican side of the fence.
I spent a month trying out San Miguel de Allende about 10 years ago. The elevation was 7,000 feet, that's 2,000 feet higher than Denver and the air was uncomfortably thin. It was also very dry there, few bushes or trees and a lot of dust. Every morning people would have to wash their windows, sidewalks and cars to get last nights dust off.
It was quite hilly, less pleasant to stroll than BsAs. But there were nice artist galleries and restaurants.
In the last few years the cartels have gained control over large parts of that country.
The U.S. State Department designates large parts of Mexico as being Level 4 dangerous. It means that those areas are as dangerous as North Korea or Syria!
Many other popular areas in Mexico, like San Miguel, are Level 2 which means you should exercise caution. These ratings don't scream "Move here". And here's something you haven't seen (yet) in Argentina: in the early 1980's Mexico changed it's currency. But foreigners owning property could only sell for the old pesos which were worthless. Mexico basically stole all the expats property.
Ajiic is a lovely town on Lake Chapala. Unfortunately it's in Jalisco State which is designated as Level 3.
I still love Mexico and wish I could live there. Caveat Emptor.

Puerto Vallarta is absolutely wonderful - and if you prefer privacy, the coast just north of there in Nayarit is good. The food is amazing and the alcohol is almost free. Ajijic and Chapala are swimming in expats from Canada and the US, and many of them are "Ugly North Americans" in their behavior. We removed it from our list because we did not want to be considered in the same group as those, who were not the majority perhaps, but omnipresent and loudly vocal. Guadalajara is the place to be if you like the big city, or just outside in the village of Tequila, which is famous for some type of liquid agricultural product. The food is outstanding in all areas of Mexico.

Whether a Peruvian can earn more money in Argentina is totally unrelated to whether expat life in Peru is interesting or not.
if i can't earn money and have a productive life, I don't find it very interesting. I can cook wondetful meals with very few ingredients so fortunately I don't need restaurants. Weather is important for me.

if i can't earn money and have a productive life, I don't find it very interesting. I can cook wondetful meals with very few ingredients so fortunately I don't need restaurants. Weather is important for me.
Family, roots and feeling comfortable with other people also.

Back