Best Laptop Computer

PeteM

Registered
I am planning to spend about 6 to 12 months in BA to see how it suits me.
I'm from the U.S. but have been living in Guadalajara, Mexico off and on for quite a few years.

I am currently in the U.S. and need to buy a new laptop computer very soon to replace my Dell. I've been able to find independent computer service people in Mexico to take care of any problems. I'm wondering if a Dell is a good choice to bring to Argentina--i.e. are they easy to have serviced/repaired there. At this point, I certainly can consider any other recommendations.

Would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

I have been using HP business laptops for years because most countires have a HP repair center in major cites.. which is the case with BA.. i have used it once, and they seemed ok.. not the onsite within 24 hour fix i get in NZ, but had a temp repair (replacement LCD) in a couple of days while waiting for parts to turn up for the perm repair.. the parts took over 3 months - due to customes i believe..

However there is probably other computer manufactures that have a repair center in BA, it would pay to check..

And computers are expensive here.. 50 to 100% more expensive to NZ, which are close to US prices.. so if you bring something that is covered by warranty while here, if something goes wrong you won't be forking out $$$..

I recently bought a Toshiba Netbook. Very unhappy. I like toshiba's but not a fan of the netbook. Comes with only 1.0 gig of ram, you can add one more but then it is maxed out. Too slow for everything we need to do on computers these days. From now on I will always buy a full sized.:rolleyes:

I am on my third HP and although there are better laptops made, they have service everywhere. If you have the money buy 2. Somebody here will surely buy the other one off of you and you might even make a profit off of it. Just take it put of the box to avoid problems with customs.

And if ypu plan on using an external keyboard, bring it with you. English language ones are hard to find here.

Back