Best Lounge/nice Bar

polostar88

Registered
I'm going out and would like to know a nice place. The TimeOut and other guides are not reliable, and neither are my past experiences. For example I went to Bar Milion recently, which used to be great, but is now full of people over 40 years old and was quite slow/bizarre on a Friday night. The cocktails were also awful. Still a nice house and place, but unfortunately doesn't seem like it's good to go there.

I'm looking for a similar nice lounge or bar, with an outdoor area or not, that has people in their 20's but is still quite nice/elegant or at least not ratty. Not so much interested in night clubs, but if you know a good nice one please let me know. Is Alsina still good? It used to be a few years ago. What about Asia de Cuba on Wednesdays?

soria
festival
congo
carnal
clubhouse
all have nice outdoor spaces, good drinks and crowds are usually in their 20's and 30's

The bars which I usually recommend to visitors are :-

878 ( also called 'El Ocho') . Its not advertised and its location in the olden days was spread by word of mouth . ( Thames 878)

878bar.com.ar

==
Victoria Brown

Hidden behind a cafe

victoriabrownbar.com

Costa Rica 4827

===

Nicky Harisson

Hidden behind a Sushi restaurant

You need to usually dine in the restaurant to be allowed to see the "cellar".

Malabia 1764

===

Pony Line

A sophisticated bar in 'Four Seasons' but with its own entrance.

www.elenaponyline.com
Posadas 1086/88

===

Floreria Atlantico

Hidden behind a flower shop, in a basement.

Arroyo 872 Retiro

===

Basa ( El Bajo as known to the fashionable locals)

Basement bar and restaurant

basabar.com.ar
Basavibaso 1328, Retiro

I think a newcomer to BA should try all these bars..if one can afford it.

Rosebar on saturdays is for people in their 20s. Verne club has good drinks and people around 20 and 30. A nice place is Peugeot lounge.

Thanks guys...one more question ...what about best places for "off" days?

For example La Cigale used to be good on Tuesdays, is that still the case? Asia de Cuba on Wednesdays, or has that ended?

Would be curious to know if there's anything good on Sunday-Wednesday...

Went to Rey de Copas recently and had the best cocktail - the Tropical punch or something like that. OH MAN it was good

Thanks again to all...anyone have info. for what places are good on particular days?

"[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]For example La Cigale used to be good on Tuesdays, is that still the case? Asia de Cuba on Wednesdays, or has that ended?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Would be curious to know if there's anything good on Sunday-Wednesday..."[/background]

Back