Best Mexican Resturant In Ba?

No offence to the hot sauce stuffers, but when you open the Rooney suitcase after a border run all you will find are wall-to-wall corn tortillas. I can make my own hot sauce with ingredients here TYVM; refritos, no problemo; hell i can even make my own al pastor. But what i cant find are decent tortillas: the foundational building blocks of Mexican cuisine and thereby the key nutrient that all humans need to survive on this harsh planet.

The flattened hockey pucks they served me at places like Cielito Lindo, Fábrica del Taco and Mole should be banned by a UN convention.

Yes... so hard to find tortillas! ((If one more person invites me for "tacos" with flour tortillas...!!!))

I am going to start making them by hand... because I can't handle the withdrawals.

And I agree, Fábrica del taco should be banned! I went there the other day in desperation... and I was so happy when they brought me limes, cilantro and salsa verde... but when I think about the tacos I have been able to find stateside, I know I wouldn't ever rate Fábrica del taco more than a 4/10.

I have finally found cilantro and limes in my neighborhood, but it's hard. I bought 4 limes, and they were the last in stock... and 2 of them barely even resemble limes. I bought fresh ají... but that's the only pepper... I guess they'd be equivalent to chile de arbol?

Back home I eat tacos at least twice a week and have access to champurrado, elotes, fresh homemade tortillas, and all kinds of stuff easily. The struggle...

Back