Best parrillas / steakhouses

In my opinion:

Don Julio is expensive and the best. However I've never had a steak at the Alvear.
Parrilla Peña is good, not great.
I was not impressed with La Cabrera. Too many side dishes hiding mediocre steaks.
La Brigada was great until the steak arrived. It was pink (I ordered rare) and dry.
Carneseria is great if they give you a good cut. Doesn't always happen.
Another excellent steak house is Pablo Luis in Barrio Chino.

T/
I think you meant Pobre Luis, not Pablo Luis

I went to Fervor last night. My friend had a steak...it looked unimpressive. LIke a slab a grey meat on a plate with nothing else...I am talking about the appearance. I had seafood. Nice place and I am sure there is much better. Older crowd and 10% discount for cash.

I went to Fervor last night. My friend had a steak...it looked unimpressive. LIke a slab a grey meat on a plate with nothing else...I am talking about the appearance. I had seafood. Nice place and I am sure there is much better. Older crowd and 10% discount for cash.

Meat in Argentina is not served with sides nor fancy sauces . I like most Argentinians prefer to savour the real flavour of the meat and at most a touch of salt does the trick

More and more really good restaurants in Argentina are actually serving meat with other foods- you know, "sides". And more and more Argentines are going to those restaurants and ordering "sides".

I recently went to proper, and we had a 1 kilo piece of meat, and 10 "sides" for four people.
Sometimes it feels better to have eaten a complete meal, rather than just feeling like you have half a cow inside you.

When it comes to food, and taste, everybody is different, and that, amazingly enough, includes Argentinians.
I eat at restaurants with Portenos all the time, who actually eat vegetables.
Not everyone is Donald Trump.

I very much recommend La coqueta in recoleta as a very authentic steakhouse for Argentines with the highest quality meats. Not a touristy place and as such, the atmosphere is a bit lacking, but those other aspects more than compensate

Well how about Prime Rib anyone, seen any around..?

1583119556504.png

Prime rib is Bife Ancho. You can get any butcher to cut it for you.
Its not a traditional parilla cut, but you can easily cook it yourself.

I very much recommend La coqueta in recoleta as a very authentic steakhouse for Argentines with the highest quality meats. Not a touristy place and as such, the atmosphere is a bit lacking, but those other aspects more than compensate

La Coqueta de Recoleta was a famous Milonga owned by Alicia Karr , an American lady.! was closed in 2013 ? Wasn't a Parrilla though
For those that ever went there a souvenir. Check the fancy Tango shoes

1583166430177.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 10
pauper Expat Life 0
Back