Best street to live on in Belgrano

DomoDomo

Registered
Looking for opinions on the nicest street to buy a condo on in or near Belgrano, one with good trees, cobblestone, Starbucks, etc. nearby and limited traffic? I kind of like Olleros, but sister in law says too much traffic. Thanks!

You'll find what suits you by walking around Belgrano.

We stayed for a year on the corner of Ciudad de la Paz and Palpa, technically it's Colegiales, but just one block from Av. Cabildo. The side streets in that area are generally quiet enough outside rush hour, lined with jacaranda trees, and you can find most things you need close by: it's also in walking distance of Chinatown and the Belgrano municipal market. There was a building being finished in Palpa at the start of the year, and there are quite a few projects in the area. Walking around and taking photos of the building projects sounds like a good idea.

I have several friends who live in Collegiales, south of Cabildo, and its nice, and quiet. I like it there a lot. From La Croze up to Los Incas, and on the "wrong" side of the tracks from Cabildo, its still very barrio.

On our near Avenida Melián in Belgrano R, but only if you have $$$ and are open to sit down coffee shops BA style.

We have a studio near Juncal and Callao and really like the area, but my wife's family lives in Belgrano. In retirement the plan is to live in BA four months a year, Maybe short term rent a little if it is worth it. Would like fresh pasta shops, local coffee shops or Starbucks, etc. fairly nearby. Might send kids to Univ of Belgrano at some point. Not too long a walk to subway helpful (I think that is the problem with Belgrano R), have been looking pretty hard at the area around Casa del Angel and Olleros. I am looking for tips on streets I might have missed. Appreciate the above comments and suggestions!

Not to drive too hard of a bargain on selling Belgrano R, but depending on where you go generally, there’s a Belgrano R stop on the Mitre line with just a few stops, including Collegiales and Palermo, before you arrive in Retiro. IMHO opinion, much better than being in the subterranean subway of squishing like sardines.

Back