Best Time To Fly (Us-Arg/ Arg/us)

mayra_seattle

Registered
Airfare can get pretty expensive, do you have any advice on the best time to fly? (Websites with best deals, cheapest time to fly, should they be purchased in the US or Argentina for better price

Last year, around November I remember finding airfare for $950 (roundtrip from US-Arg eze). By far the cheapest I had ever seen.

I found 850 from DC before. Thanksgiving is usually cheap. In general it seems just being flexible and booking later rather than earlier

West coast is more expensive always :( If your hubby works en blanco and can pay in pesos, you can pay in cuotas without interest on some websites (and when peso devalues over the course 12 months it costs less and less to pay it off) and he can apply to get the AFIP 35% charge back at the end of the year if he works en blanco... not guaranteeing he will get it back but he can apply as long as the ticket is bought on his card and not in cash.

skyscanner.net will give you a very good indication of what's possible price- and route-wise.

When flying to europe (not what you're asking I know, but likely similar) I find Tues and Weds to be the cheapest days to travel, and generally booking +3 months in advance offers much cheaper rates.

Also, not sure if it's possible for you, but US-EZE-US is likely to be much cheaper than EZE-US-EZE. So, if you travel regularly, and know the dates of your next 2 trips, you can save quite a lot of money (sometimes up to 40%) by reversing where your return ticket originates from.

Edit: one more thing, if you're not signed up for your airline's loyalty program - do so. It's a long trek, and the airmiles won't be long accumulating (e.g. the airmiles I get during the year pay for our family trip home at xmas every year)

I hear Tuesdays are cheaper to fly than other days of the week. Nothing seems truly cheap anymore though.

Back