Best way to go from Pesos in Arg to Dollas in US

Do you mean onramp in Argentina or the offramp in the US is limited? In the US it definitely shouldn't be an issue, I can recommend some OTC services that handle exchanging large quantities of crypto for USD

Onramp should be no problem either. I have only experience with Binance so far, I am not aware of any onramp limits and offramp you should be able to withdraw 50 000 EUR per day (0.80 EUR withdrawal fee per transaction)? The only awkward thing with centralized cryptoexchanges (Binance, Coinbase, Satoshi Tango) I have experienced is that you need to go through a KYC process, register your passport and a picture of yourself and wait a couple of hours for approval.

There is also an option to just deposit cash yourself at an ATM of Athena Bitcoin (https://athenabitcoin.com/atm-locations/) and convert it to cryptocurrencies. I have never tried this, never seen someone using the ATM (whenever I walked by one in the Carrefour in Vicente López) and it is also a bit more expensive than going through a centralized exchange (I checked once and I think they had a markup of maybe around 2% - 5%).

Last edited:
Onramp should be no problem either. I have only experience with Binance so far, I am not aware of any onramp limits and offramp you should be able to withdraw 50 000 EUR per day (0.80 EUR withdrawal fee per transaction)? The only awkward thing with centralized cryptoexchanges (Binance, Coinbase, Satoshi Tango) I have experienced is that you need to go through a KYC process, register your passport and a picture of yourself and wait a couple of hours for approval.

There is also an option to just deposit cash yourself at an ATM of Athena Bitcoin (https://athenabitcoin.com/atm-locations/) and convert it to cryptocurrencies. I have never tried this, never seen someone using the ATM (whenever I walked by one in the Carrefour in Vicente López) and it is also a bit more expensive than going through a centralized exchange (I checked once and I think they had a markup of maybe around 2% - 5%).
How would you fund your Binance account from Argentina? Do you send pesos to an offshore account somewhere? If so what exchange rate is applied on an outgoing international wire transfer? Or do they have a local Argentina bank account to receive funds to?

How would you fund your Binance account from Argentina? Do you send pesos to an offshore account somewhere? If so what exchange rate is applied on an outgoing international wire transfer? Or do they have a local Argentina bank account to receive funds to?

My accounts are in Europe. From a European bank account you can make a wire transfer to Binance and Binance will charge you 1 euro per transfer. Once my euros were in my Binance account, I could at any moment exchange them for any cryptocurrency on the exchange or I could transfer back to an account in Europe (with a limit of 50000 euro per day).

I have not tried Binance in Argentina, but it should work in a similar way here, at least Binance has a blog post about buying crypto in Argentina: https://www.binance.com/es-AR/blog/all/cómo-comprar-bitcoins-en-argentina-guía-para-ahorrar-dinero-con-bitcoin-|-binance-p2p-421499824684902385

The ARS to USDT rate can be found here: https://www.binance.com/es-LA/buy-sell-crypto/calculator/ARS/USDT
1 USDT appears to be around 289.99 ARS when I checked.

Two things need to happen to buy crypto on a centralized cryptoexchange. First you need to go through a KYC process that will link your personal id to your account. Once your account is approved, you should be able to transfer money to an account of the exchange in a way so that the exchange can identify the transfer comes from you and book the amount of money on your account with the exchange. Binance provides you a comment that you have to add to your wire transfer so they know the money comes from you.

I do not know what is the best cryptoexchange in Argentina. Binance is the biggest worldwide, but in Argentina Satoshi Tango is also popular. I started investigating the latter, but did not complete the KYC process. Look for the exchange that makes it the easiest for you to convert your ARS to a stablecoin (USDC, USDT or BUSD). Once your money is in a stablecoin, it should be fairly easy to convert it to USD anywhere.

p2p

an interesting long transcript of audio podcast discussing businesses converting to USD. Gets into the whole legal and tax complications. The Blue chip swap CCL

I'm in a similar boat as OP. Has anyone here successfully sent thousands of USD (in pesos) from an Arg bank account to a US account using Western Union/ MoneyGram? That's how I got the money here in the first place but I've never tried sending it back.

That said I'm looking to sell a 2012 Toyota RAV4, automatic, 4WD if anyone is looking.

I'm in a similar boat as OP. Has anyone here successfully sent thousands of USD (in pesos) from an Arg bank account to a US account using Western Union/ MoneyGram? That's how I got the money here in the first place but I've never tried sending it back.

That said I'm looking to sell a 2012 Toyota RAV4, automatic, 4WD if anyone is looking.
If you will accept the ccl or WU exchange rate, I can take pesos here and give you USD in your bank account abroad.

@cholita — I would RENT it for 6 weeks and pay aroUSD 3,000 (cash). I need a car to go down to Patagonia for a 6-week vacation.

Afterwards, you can then still sell it, just with 8000 km more on it…

Back