Best way to go from Pesos in Arg to Dollas in US

Right but won't be able to leave Argentina with 20 000 USD.
says who? you can leave with 9.999 in cash not declared IF you are traveling with someone they can also carry 9.999 undeclared.
You can also use WU or MG to send yourself the money to the US/Europe.

says who? you can leave with 9.999 in cash not declared IF you are traveling with someone they can also carry 9.999 undeclared.
You can also use WU or MG to send yourself the money to the US/Europe.
You need to check the regulations of the countries you are traveling through, your country of destination and that of arrival because the rules may well be different in each. For instance, you may be able to leave Argentina with each carrying US$9999 but when you arrive in the USA the maximum undeclared amount is divided amongst those traveling together. You have just said you are traveling together and anyway, it's the authorities who determine whether or not you are together or and whether or not they will confiscate your cash. This is all very easily Googled and US authorities confiscate millions of dollars from incoming travelers every year.

You need to check the regulations of the countries you are traveling through, your country of destination and that of arrival because the rules may well be different in each. For instance, you may be able to leave Argentina with each carrying US$9999 but when you arrive in the USA the maximum undeclared amount is divided amongst those traveling together. You have just said you are traveling together and anyway, it's the authorities who determine whether or not you are together or and whether or not they will confiscate your cash. This is all very easily Googled and US authorities confiscate millions of dollars from incoming travelers every year.
That's fine. Declaring the cash is no big deal. But again, he can just transfer via WU/MG.

Right but won't be able to leave Argentina with 20 000 USD.
I used to regularly leave Argentina with over 20k. I would tuck it into the pages of a book. I didn't declare leaving Argentina, but did declare coming into the US. They make you fill out a form, and off you go. If the money was originally made in the US, it shouldn't affect your taxes. If made in Argentina, it will not be taxed in the US because the tax rate in Argentina is way higher. However, if you have investments in the US, the US now knows you have additional income sources so you will be in a higher bracket for US income.

I used to regularly leave Argentina with over 20k. I would tuck it into the pages of a book. I didn't declare leaving Argentina, but did declare coming into the US. They make you fill out a form, and off you go. If the money was originally made in the US, it shouldn't affect your taxes. If made in Argentina, it will not be taxed in the US because the tax rate in Argentina is way higher. However, if you have investments in the US, the US now knows you have additional income sources so you will be in a higher bracket for US income.
I have seen people in Bogotá airport, Colombia get their money confiscated, possibly being detained later. I wouldn't risk losing my hard earning money like this. I studied law, laws are laws and "nemo censetur ignorare legem", the ignorance of the law is no excuse. Well, I do understand your point, but I had a very bad experience in Cuba for bringing a few Heineken beers in my suitcase, they thought it was liquid drugs. I was searched, scanned, touched, surrounded by big dogs, spent many hours at the airport, and that was very uncomfortable. I would think a million time before leaving Argentina with 20 000 USD.

Just convert it into crypto in Arg and sell crypto in the US for USD. Easy
A good option if you can get approved for that amount. I find most crypto exchanges won't let you do more than 5000 USD/month.

A good option if you can get approved for that amount. I find most crypto exchanges won't let you do more than 5000 USD/month.
Do you mean onramp in Argentina or the offramp in the US is limited? In the US it definitely shouldn't be an issue, I can recommend some OTC services that handle exchanging large quantities of crypto for USD

Back