Best way to stay in Argentina?

Unless you are Russian, citizenship is probably the best option. I understand that Russia doesn t accept dual citizenship.

If you are looking for Argentine Citizenship it is between you and Argentina. There is nothing for Russia (or any other country for that matter) to accept.

If you are looking for Argentine Citizenship it is between you and Argentina. There is nothing for Russia (or any other country for that matter) to accept.

A few countries cancel your citizenship if you get a new one: Germany, China and, I think, Russia among others.

No. If you don t belong to Mercosur you have to full fit one of those visa categories. The Congress forgot to enact the article about residency, and they use the visa requirements for residency, it is a mistake. I just appealed today using that argument.

New citizens have no army duties for 10 years.However, conscription is abolished. You get the right to use arms, if you like, to defend the democracy, that´s it.

Or if you confess to be working here.

Depends.
Rentista has also the issue that they expect that you send a money transfer to Argentina and you get pesos at the official rate.

Unless you are Russian, citizenship is probably the best option. I understand that Russia doesn t accept dual citizenship.

Regards

The US does not accept dual citizenship either, in the sense that they will not recognize your Argentine nationality if you are a US citizen. Thus, should you be accused of a crime in the US, Argentina could not intervene on your behalf. You can, however, renounce your US citizenship.

The US does not accept dual citizenship either, in the sense that they will not recognize your Argentine nationality if you are a US citizen. Thus, should you be accused of a crime in the US, Argentina could not intervene on your behalf. You can, however, renounce your US citizenship.

You are confusing 2 different topics.
The US in fact accepts dual citizenship and that´s why they don´t cancel your US citizenship when you get a new one, unless you get the cuban I guess.
A country that doesn´t accept dual citizenship just cancel you citizenship when you get a new one like China does.

The situation you mentions is a basic rule of international law that all the countries enforce, otherwise nobody pay taxes. No country recognize your second citizenship when you are in its territory.

You are confusing 2 different topics.
The US in fact accepts dual citizenship and that´s why they don´t cancel your US citizenship when you get a new one, unless you get the cuban I guess.
A country that doesn´t accept dual citizenship just cancel you citizenship when you get a new one like China does.

The situation you mentions is a basic rule of international law that all the countries enforce, otherwise nobody pay taxes. No country recognize your second citizenship when you are in its territory.

Bajo cero is 100% right.

Their are many countries in the world which cancel your citizen from country of birth, if you get a new one, whether you like it or noe. US is NOT one of them.

Bajo cero is 100% right.

Their are many countries in the world which cancel your citizen from country of birth, if you get a new one, whether you like it or noe. US is NOT one of them.

No, I'm not confusing it. My wife is Argentine-born, but the US would not acknowledge her Argentine citizenship (though, oddly, the Argentines do not collect the retaliation fee when she enters Argentina on her US passport).

No, I'm not confusing it. My wife is Argentine-born, but the US would not acknowledge her Argentine citizenship (though, oddly, the Argentines do not collect the retaliation fee when she enters Argentina on her US passport).

Yes, you did.
Again, Argentina doesn t collect the reciprocity fee because in Argentina she is Argentinian (you just showed again that you didn t get it).

The US in fact accepts dual citizenship

Bajo Cero,

You are using word "accepts" instead of "allows" and this is what causes the confusion I think.

Google for "USA accepts dual citizenship" and "USA allows dual citizenship" and compare the number of results.

USA does not recognize dual citizenships, but allows it. And there is a difference between a "dual citizen" and "a person with two passports".

Back