Best way to transfer USD/EUR for house/land purchase?

BAHibs

Registered
Galicia. I know this bank imposes a 10K limit and at least sometime in the past so did Wise, possibly out of knowledge of the bank limit, possibly for their own purposes. Obviously what is in play is the 10K reporting level in regard to money laundering. Over 10K and governments take notice.
How smooth have the transfers up to 10k been?

I'm looking to transfer around 10k now and Transferwise and Revolut are a couple of options.

(Thanks a lot to everyone for the suggestions so far!!)

Sojourner

Registered
How smooth have the transfers up to 10k been? I'm looking to transfer around 10k now and Transferwise and Revolut are a couple of options.
Once you've got the account details set up,Transferwise is very simple to use but not fast. Funding by ACH withdrawal, which was what I routinely used to pull money from a USA checking account, took around 7 - 8 days for a transfer to complete. Some of this delay was due I think to slow action at the destination bank but I was never sure.

"Reliable" probably best describes the service, and Transferwise is good about keeping you current on the status of a transfer. I don't know if transfers would have been faster if they had been USD > ARS instead of USD > USD though I don't know why that would make a difference.

Other funding types (debit card, credit card, wire transfer, Apple Pay) might be markedly quicker or not. Speed is not particularly an issue however if your primary concern is the maximum transfer limit of 10K per calendar month.

Last edited: