Best WIFI: Arnet or Fibertel?

Just need WIFI. I'm switching from Arnet to Fibertel in my home, but the installer claims he can't use the existing cable and must run a new line into the house - from the pole to the roof, and then down and through the wall. Which I don't want - ugly and messy.

If both companies have merged, how come they can't just switch modems? Or reprogram my old modem? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just need WIFI. I'm switching from Arnet to Fibertel in my home ...
Then just tell the Fibertel that you need WiFi. I believe Wifi is included with any plan by default anyway.
I'm switching from Arnet to Fibertel in my home, but the installer claims he can't use the existing cable and must run a new line into the house - from the pole to the roof, and then down and through the wall. Which I don't want - ugly and messy.

If both companies have merged, how come they can't just switch modems? Or reprogram my old modem? Any ideas?
They use different technologies ADSL vs cable. Arnet uses phone lines, Fibertel uses cable TV lines, and the equipment is not compatible.

As to "messy", they just drill a single hole in your wall to get the cable in and put the modem/Wifi router nearby. Not a big deal, in my opinion, unless you are looking for something special.

The problem is that though new competitors have arrived. MOST - dont have coverage in all areas of CABA, forget Argentina

Then just tell the Fibertel that you need WiFi. I believe Wifi is included with any plan by default anyway.

They use different technologies ADSL vs cable. Arnet uses phone lines, Fibertel uses cable TV lines, and the equipment is not compatible.

As to "messy", they just drill a single hole in your wall to get the cable in and put the modem/Wifi router nearby. Not a big deal, in my opinion, unless you are looking for something special.
Thanks for taking the time to explain how it works. It makes all the difference....! I won't complain when the installer slings a black cable ruining my bedroom view.

Besides technology, even if you stay with the same one they are required to replace the wires to prevent issues due to damaged old cabling.

You can check areas of coverage with most ISP by entering your adress at their web page.

Fibertel is very good when is trouble free.

Iz

Back