Best Wine for your buck???

eschal

Registered
So I'm going back to my country and I need bring back some wines...lots of it! So i don't want to spend a lot on each bottle cause I have big familly. Can you please tell me what is a good 10 to 20 peso purchase. Btw: I welcome the Malbec grape!
Thanks!

I think you can bring a maximum of six bottles with you. I suggest to check with your airline.

1.4 L and then you have to pay duty I believe, so just 2 bottles -- but just make sure to get the receipts and have them state clearly that they are PESOS not confuse the $ with being dollars -- if you're lucky you'll get away without paying much, with a wink and a smile you may get by without paying anything!

As far as wines go -- 10 pesos these days isn't getting a wine that's worth taking out of the country -- remember you also want to avoid the extra weight charges, which could be a lot more than the wine is worth!

For 20 - 25 you can get some decent ones, in that range we've been drinking a fair bit of Uxmal.

Agree with Syngirl, also 25 peso bottles of Pacheco Pereda Malbec are a good value.

Callia malbec is the best deal.
If you want to spend a little more, Fond de Cave is excellent.
Regards

I don't know exactly the price these days, but Altavista used to have extremely good wines for not much money.

I'm a big fan of Finca Gabriel; I think it's an excellent wine for the price.

Back