Best yoghurt in BA

Best yogurt DAHI brand plain, $90 pesos in a glass jar. At your local super..?
Exactly, Dahi is fine, if I remember correctly a pale-blue label on the glass jar indicates sugar-free plain yoghurt, the other colours are for added fruit and sugar (yuck). There's an added benefit, you can remove the plastic label and use the jars as small drinks glasses as well.

There's a big selection of milk and yoghurt products in almost any supermarket, Argentina has lots of cows. The only problem I find is that Argentinians have a sweet tooth and will add sugar to almost anything, also they're not very adventurous, so no kefir, buttermilk, and so on.

We've also been able to order online large (1 litre) jars of Greek yoghurt, which was very nice, I can look for the link if there's any interest. I would be interested in getting hold of some yoghurt cultures if anyone has a tip.

Hands down the best. Made from water buffalo milk. They also have "firme" which is the closest thing to real Greek style yogurt you will find. They also have an option for a large bucket of it if you use a lot (buying dozens of little jars is quite annoying when you want to cook with it or just have a big house).

Best yogurt DAHI brand plain, $90 pesos in a glass jar. At your local super..?
La Delfina as mentioned earlier is excellent.
Other option is Familia Beaudroit - you order on their website or can find at more boutique supermarkets.

This has become my favorite:

Homemade yoghurt. Really easy to make and delicious.

There's a big selection of milk and yoghurt products in almost any supermarket, Argentina has lots of cows. The only problem I find is that Argentinians have a sweet tooth and will add sugar to almost anything, also they're not very adventurous, so no kefir, buttermilk, and so on.

https://www.tiendalachoza.com.ar/
Their products are organic and their yogurt is closer to kefir than to traditional yogurt.
A couple of tablespoons in a jar of their milk and you have a fresh jar of the same overnight.
It by far beats all the conventional dairy sold in supermarkets and the dirt cheap for this quality.
It's sold at mercado Bonpland and other natural food markets in Palermo and in most natural foods stores.
You can also visit the farm if you are curious - they have a little shop there as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Expat Life 7