Big 4 Accounting Hours in BsAs?

Zack26.2

Registered
Hola,

I'm considering an 18 - 24 month assignment in Buenos Aires with my current employer, a Big4 Accounting Firm. My position would be an External Audit Senior (~4 years as a CPA in the US). I speak very good professional Spanish, and based on my discussions with human resources, don't expect my responsibilities to be significantly different than an Argentine employee at my level.

In the US, I typically work 50 hours a week, although it can be 80+ during "busy season." Does anyone know if Big 4 (PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG) hours are similar in BsAs? From what I've read and my experience travelling there, it seems that work/life balance would be much better in Argentina, but I haven't seen specific mention of Big 4.

Hello!

I thought Id write a little as I dont think many people from Big 4 choose Buenos Aires as a secondment option and I think it would be great to get some help deciding. I spent a year with a Big 4 comp in BA recently, unlike you I didnt do a secondment I applied outwith the company as I had left them a year or so earlier so got offered an internal role. I just left about a month ago as I got offered a great employment oportunity in London.

The great thing if you are seconding is the possiblity of maintaining your US salary which would be amazing in BA!!! I didnt so earned about $7,500 pesos per month which is a great salary for there but, when you convert it can be a bit depressing.

Id love to say the hours and work life balance are better but I worked the same as in London (I was an IFRS conversion consultant) given that its conversion to IFRS time for many of the big comps there... the hours are the same and unfortunately busy season falls in summer!!

I could write lots and lots but why not send me a private PM and I can give you more info and respond to specific queries!!!

Have a good weekend!!

Back