Big Head Bills

Gringo80

Registered
I accidentally brought back a lot of big headed $100 Franklin bills from my last trip to the US. The cuevas offered to buy them for 850p vs 1090p for the small headed bills. Is that my best play or is there a better way to use them?

I accidentally brought back a lot of big headed $100 Franklin bills from my last trip to the US. The cuevas offered to buy them for 850p vs 1090p for the small headed bills. Is that my best play or is there a better way to use them?
You seem to be confusing small-head bills with big-head bills. Small-head bills have not been printed since 1996 and are generally not accepted here, whereas big-head bills are easily exchanged.

100-bills.jpg

There is also an older big-head bill without the metal stripe, it is OK as well.

Last edited:
You seem to be confusing small-head bills with big-head bills. Small-head bills have not been printed since 1996 and are generally not accepted here, whereas big-head bills are easily exchanged.

View attachment 9432

There is also an older big-head bill without the metal stripe, it is OK as well.

Nope, its the top bills, with the larger head, that the cuevas don't want and will pay less for.

Somebody is trying to take advantage of you. How many cuevas have you visited?
I've been told by several cuevas.
First let me say, thanks Lunar for trying to help me.
One of us has it backward.
Would you care to make a small gentleman's bet?

Nah, I leave the betting to professionals.
But for the last 15 years, I have only exchanged big-head bills at the blue price.
Could you tell me a cueva that I could go to for the blue rate?

big head is what is accepted. either the cuevas were screwing with you or you misunderstood.
Correct. Had to "clean" lots of those old ones few years back... Luckily in Europe no one cares, and banks are willing to order you crisp new ones for Argentina.

Back