Big Party Tomorrow for CFK in Velez

Greenman said:
Just be aware that your types are neither respècted nor wanted in this country.
Do as all a favor and go back to the good old USA

Ooh, I am shaking in my boots. Its too bad that your beloved country's government welcomed me with arms wide open. :p

How much do they pay for attending? I mean, is it worth "todos" time to go to Velez? What about viaticos?

In actual authoritarian regimes, these type of rallies are not elective. I don't know how you (any of you) would call that scenario, but it's certainly not the defining characteristic of that all-encompassing catch-phrase "fascismo di combattimento". If Benito's first wife-lover was alive to see what she inspired to create...

@ bookcellar, the bases are there not to solve problems but to avoid further ones- by fighting or deterring Communism first, Terrorism later, excuses if you want, but specifically to create a global framework of active trade. The polar opposite would be a Somali scenario where ship-lanes, and global trade, would suffer disastrous interruptions.
And because clearly self-sovereignty (a necessary redundancy) has only been achieved in Switzerland, the "highest" civilizations, like Britain or humble Belgium, need protection by an outside power - which in this time and from April-August 1945 seems to be found inside a concrete building in Arlington, Va.

No need to say that being a super-power does not mean the power in question has achieved self-sovereignty (like Switzerland has), only that it's the biggest cutout of a paper tiger in the room.

The Napoleons and Hitlers of this world can conquer a paper tiger and burn it in a second, but they can't mess with people who own themselves.

Side stepping all the crazy conversation below and getting back to the topic...has anyone ever been to these things before? It says on a press release I read it starts at 17,00 (El acto, que comenzará a las 17 en el estadio del barrio de Liniers....). Any chance of getting there at like 8 and getting in or will it all be over aka are the times dependable or it is like some concerts here where the ticket says 11 and then the gig doesn't start till 2am....??

It's like a concert. Only if they overhear you speaking English (or even proper Spanish) you'll be thrown into the mosh pit - that will likely not be elective

Panini said:
Side stepping all the crazy conversation below

Thank you. And I apologize to the OP. I get carried away when I see idiocy, especially about things that people have no freakin' clue about. In fact, to avoid further problems and to keep this forum civil, I am going to ignore the two clowns above.

Panini said:
and getting back to the topic...has anyone ever been to these things before? It says on a press release I read it starts at 17,00 (El acto, que comenzará a las 17 en el estadio del barrio de Liniers....). Any chance of getting there at like 8 and getting in or will it all be over aka are the times dependable or it is like some concerts here where the ticket says 11 and then the gig doesn't start till 2am....??

I'd actually be interested to know what the OP asked first. Where are they getting the funding for it? And what in the world is it about?

nicoenarg said:
Ooh, I am shaking in my boots. Its too bad that your beloved country's government welcomed me with arms wide open. :p

You deserve to be treated in argentina like a mexican in the USA. But of course argies are not so bestial

If actually interested you should ask "Nuevo Encuentro" the CFK party in Capital.

Probably a better idea to go in organized groups.

Greenman said:
You deserve to be treated in argentina like a mexican in the USA. But of course argies are not so bestial

Exactly, argies are not as perverted (forward-thinking) as Europeans and Americans as to establish a covert system of first and second-class citizenship and condemn apartheid at the same hypocritical time.

But don't sweat it, multiculturalism will arrive down here some day, just like smoking restrictions did, and native Argies will be condemned to that second tier of citizenship much like WASPS (and Italians for that matter!) have in the states for the last forty years

rant-off
night

nicoenarg said:
I'd actually be interested to know what the OP asked first. Where are they getting the funding for it? And what in the world is it about?

Greenman said it, it's for Labor Day - which is May 1st and a legitimate holiday.

Where does this or any administration get funding for public works and events, even if blatant propaganda (in either case!) ? It should not be surprising or newsworthy

Matt84 said:
Greenman said it, it's for Labor Day - which is May 1st and a legitimate holiday.

Where does this or any administration get funding for public works and events, even if blatant propaganda (in either case!) ? It should not be surprising or newsworthy

Oh well if it's just a celebration, then why the hell not. Just because I can't stand CFK doesn't mean I have to oppose everything she does. Just hoping she won't open her big mouth and put her foot in it once more.

Back