Blackouts Or Other Inconveniences In Ba?

We live in Belgrano. Haven't had a blackout all summer (on our block). Have seen neighboring blocks blacked out often during the hottest days.

Same old story, no maintenance,no juice. However we got futball for all.
http://www.cronista.com/we/Crisis-energetica-habra-que-convivir-con-los-cortes-20130201-0022.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.cronista.com/we/Crisis-energetica-habra-que-convivir-con-los-cortes-20130201-0022.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

Thanks for info, this is what I was looking for; 1-2 blackouts per month lasting 4-8 hours in that area (in which I've lived before as well) is unacceptable...meaning, I'd put up with it if I had to, but why should I; Buenos Aires is no longer a novelty for me, I'd be coming for the comfort and cheap living. But there are other places in the world...
We live in Palermo Viejo and have not had one black out all summer. But, I do have to say... that is an odd way to choose where you want to live.
Nancy

I live in Palermo, Fibertel internet connection and it's been perfect all summer. Only one 2 hour blackout...and 1 internet disruption...that's comparable to what you get in the U.S.

I'm in Rio and would need something special to drag me to BA...I like it, sure, but it's not as fun as Brazil...lower prices were an attraction, but if there are blackouts and other inconveniences like that it's not worth it. I remember my time BsAs as very comfortable, some of the most comfortable I've been. I like waking up at noon, going to a cafe for half the day, spending the rest lifting weights or in my bathrobe lounging around, then going out at night. I don't want to be inconvenienced by Cristina's weekly blackout, that would rustle my jimmies.

I agree with Rich One, blackouts and internet cutouts are totally unpredictable, even in the "bestis" areas. I live in Palermo Botanico near Ugarteche y Cabello, an area considered quite cheto/wealthy, and I've seen 1-2 blackouts per month since Nov.2012, typically lasting 4-8 hours. Internet problems about same. Roll with the punches and if you have critical needs then line-up independent contingency options. This is Argentina, es lo que hay and lamentablemente it will get worse before it gets better.
Suerte,
Jim

Thats weird jim, i am only a cpl of blocks from there and like I said have barely had a problem. My gfs friend lived in the apartment before for 7 yrs and barely had a blackout. Goes to show just how much it varies even block to block!!

I live in Almagro and had NEVER had a power outrage, not even last november in the heatwave where half of the city was left without power. The internet disconnection i have once a year at most.

It is predictable..!! for 3 days storms were predicted, last night the storm came and Belgrano, Saavedra, San Isidro, flooded cars floating, stores ruined, power blackouts three dead. Water still at waist level.... :cool: Nothing new...!

The flooding situation is starting to reflect very badly on Macri, this isn't the first time comuna 13 has had serious floods since October.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Expat Life 31
R Expat Life 8
Back