Blob of mayonnaise

Davidglen77 said:
Mayonnaise on PIZZA? That's almost as bad as PIZZA with hard boiled eggs and salsa golf -------GROSS !!!!!!!

Argentina isn't alone in that, plenty of pizza places in Australia (including Dominos) you can get a pizza with mayonnaise on top!

Mayonnaise on everything....I arrived here just a month ago but I already know that I'm going to like it here. I always felt misunderstood in the other countries I lived in when I asked for mayonnaise with my French fries (and pretty much everything else that's deep fried).

I've never been crazy about mayo, but didn't hate it either. Since I've been in Argentina, I find I'm using it more and more, especially on fries and salads (ensalada rusa, anyone?). And I love salsa golf!

Some Argentines are even picky about how you open the little pouch of mayo! That's...nothing I've seen before.

Ketchup on eggs?
Much grosser than mayo

This is very common where I grew up (Canada). Doesn't 'have to' be on -- just when the mood strikes.

I suppose you don't like peanut butter & dill pickle sandwiches either? :p

I have a kid who puts Sriracha (Vietnamese hot sauce) on everything.
I think thats pretty gross.

But really, you are talking about personal taste here.
And all of us like different things.

I can go crazy with sambal olek on most everything. That's even hotter than sriracha.

But it's all personal taste, yes..

So today I go back into the confitería where I got attacked (inadvertently) with mayonnaise. The girl who attacked me said hi when I looked at her and asked me if I was "okay". Hola buendía, vos estás bien? was the question.......I said yes and saw her start to make the milanesa sandwiches and at that point I quickly paid and left the confitería, didn't want to risk it again.

The weirdest thing out there has got to be poutine...never tried it, but it's a dish from Quebec, french fries topped with cheese curds and covered in brown sauce or gravy. Way weird...

Celia said:
The weirdest thing out there has got to be poutine...never tried it, but it's a dish from Quebec, french fries topped with cheese curds and covered in brown sauce or gravy. Way weird...

How do you say GROSS ME OUT THE DOOR in castellano?

FeelGoodLost said:
They drink red wine here cold... that's absurd.

absurd it isnt..never heard of the French serving beaujoulais nouveau chilled?

The Rosario version of the toasted sandwich is loaded with mayo and the true "Carlitos" is ham ,cheese and ketchup..both are delicious...never knock it till you try it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Expat Life 9
Back