Block those cruise ships, show them what's what!

Haha, this is funny more than anything. What does this do to the English? The only thing that this did was prevent all those tourist with money from spending some of it in Argentina.

This whole thing with the Falklands is a joke.

Argentina need to focus on its own problems, rising inflation, rising crime, capital flight, and corruption just to name a few, before they even think that they can manage another territory or province.

Argentina is making more enemies than friends. If Chavez dies, Kirchner will find herself without a friend in the world.

Seriously, what did blocking these two cruise ships do for Argentina??

On second thought, its not funny. It is just plain sad.

"Los conductores de taxis, operadores turísticos, los guías de paseos en zonas de vida salvaje y empleados de restaurantes habían aceptado trabajar este feriado, para ofrecer servicio a más de 5.000 pasajeros, pero todo dio marcha atrás por la decisión oficial."

The people themselves did not appear to agree with this decision.

Lets do the math. There was at least 5000 passengers on the two boats. If each of those passengers spends 10 dollars while in town (and lets face it, that is a very conservative estimate), that is 50,000 dollars that they just threw down the drain. I am sure that the Chilenos won't have an issue accepting that money.

For a country that is so concerned about capital flight, this a downright dumb thing to do.

Yes, it seems to me the opportunity to earn hard currency would have been welcome, and would trump any diplomatic theater.

They should just demand that tourists carry more valuables - i.e. a 25-30% raise. :)

Back