Blood in the streets (and sidwalks).

A friend and I used to do business at a change house in MicroCenter, right next door to Tancat (good Spanish seafood restaraunt on Paraguay near Maipu if I remember correctly). One day we went to the change house to pick up some money and there was a big crowd standing outside Tancat. News vans, cameramen filming the talking heads, everyone craning their necks to see what was going on, etc.

Turns out two lawyers were stabbed and died right there on the sidewalk outside Tancat, as they were exiting. Didn't seem to be a robbery.

I mention this because by the time we got there they had cleaned up the bodies, but not the blood. Large pool of blood. Very ugly.

I know MicroCenter is not as safe as Belgrano, but this was in the middle of the day in the open, in front of a lot of people.

In the three years in Recoleta I never saw any drops of blood in the streets.

Seeing it in Belgrano is a bit unnerving.

Perhaps it's just "friend versus friend" interaction...

Bur I seriously doubt it.

Perhaps there was a hit and run of a dog, who later limped off to die/recover in a corner? Or a person?

The only time I have seen blood in two years here was when I was riding the 124 bus up Callao and the rear-view mirror of the bus hit a bald man in the head-- the lack of hair made easy viewing of the blood pouring to the ground as we all scampered past to the next bus that came to take us on our way.

I would say there must be a lot of blood in the streets from car accidents, either hitting dogs or people.

ElQueso said:
A friend and I used to do business at a change house in MicroCenter, right next door to Tancat (good Spanish seafood restaraunt on Paraguay near Maipu if I remember correctly). One day we went to the change house to pick up some money and there was a big crowd standing outside Tancat. News vans, cameramen filming the talking heads, everyone craning their necks to see what was going on, etc.

Turns out two lawyers were stabbed and died right there on the sidewalk outside Tancat, as they were exiting. Didn't seem to be a robbery.

I mention this because by the time we got there they had cleaned up the bodies, but not the blood. Large pool of blood. Very ugly.

I know MicroCenter is not as safe as Belgrano, but this was in the middle of the day in the open, in front of a lot of people.

NO! Please tell me thats not true! Not only is it a horrible event and those families must be so hurt!
My fiance and I love Tancat. Incredible! Is it that dangerous in MicroCenter?!!

steveinbsas said:
Not unless they were both deliberate cuts with a knife (ala the film Chinatown).

Nosebleeds don't cause trails of blood on the sidewalk.

Pools might happen if you are lying there unconscious..and possibly dying (bleeding out).
If anyone thinks I'm painting a bad portrait of BA, just watch CSI, CSY NY, and CSI Miami.

(Big cities are dangerous, period.)
Tooooo funny. Think about CSI Buenos Aires for a moment. :]

Jeje, well, where do you think that cocaine gets consumed? In Flores? High cocaine use --> some debts and dealers --> some fights.

ghost said:
Tooooo funny. Think about CSI Buenos Aires for a moment. :]

I actually know a crime scene investigator who works for the federal police in Capital Federal. He's the only foreigner (that he knows of) who works for the police in Buenos Aires and maybe Argentina. Some of his stories are a little humorous, depending on how you look at ineptness of the police themselves, not necessarily the CSI unit...

It is potentially a dog in heat (on season) who is leaving blood trails in the same area they are being walked?

Some dogs only spot a little but some dogs leave a trail.

Katser said:
It is potentially a dog in heat (on season) who is leaving blood trails in the same area they are being walked?

Some dogs only spot a little but some dogs leave a trail.

Sure, it could have been a dog in heat if it had ALSO been stabbed with a knife. The blood trial I observed was continuous and could only have resulted from a serious wound.

Why are so any in this thread trying to find an "alternative" explanation?

Perhaps it was just a prank (someone with access to blood who just wanted to strike fear in the hood.)

I seriously doubt it.

(I've seen blood in the street after a moto met a bus.)

marksoc said:
Jeje, well, where do you think that cocaine gets consumed? In Flores? High cocaine use --> some debts and dealers --> some fights.

How could that lead to blood in the streets of Belgrano?

Back