Blue @ 1,000: anyone lived through 84/89 or 2001 have any advice?

But it's not; they didn't address Milei's indirect point: Plaza Fijos/Interest Rates are negative. If Inflation is 125% a year, and Plaza Fijos pay on average 118%, you're losing 7%. You're better buying pallets of non-perishable food or, better yet, dollars. This is what Massa and nobody seems to understand, if you're part of the shrinking minority of Argentines who have money to invest after all the monthly bills, why would you invest in pesos when you're paying the bank 7% to take your money? If you want to decrease demand for dollars, ensure a positive interest rate in pesos, it's not rocket science.

I looked at that article which was dated yesterday.
As the song goes, "What a difference a day makes".
Lets hope that they still have that assurance.

But it's not; they didn't address Milei's indirect point: Plaza Fijos/Interest Rates are negative. If Inflation is 125% a year, and Plaza Fijos pay on average 118%, you're losing 7%. You're better buying pallets of non-perishable food or, better yet, dollars. This is what Massa and nobody seems to understand, if you're part of the shrinking minority of Argentines who have money to invest after all the monthly bills, why would you invest in pesos when you're paying the bank 7% to take your money? If you want to decrease demand for dollars, ensure a positive interest rate in pesos, it's not rocket science.
It's called sarcasm. When the central bank says not to panic, everything is fine; it's time to panic.

Most serious concerns are Shortages of products due to blocades, strikers. Stock on PESOS, in case WU isn't operating..!
A thigh is just a thigh..!

Received this from DHL this afternoon:

We are contacting you to inform you of an important situation affecting operations at the TCA Terminal. According to an official statement that we have received from TCA, we are informed that all export and import operations at said Terminal will be suspended from today for a period of 72 hours. This measure has been taken in compliance with customs administrative procedures ordered by the AFIP. We understand that this situation may affect the normal flow of operations and we regret any inconvenience this may cause. We are monitoring the situation closely and are available to assist you with any questions or clarifications you may require. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this period. We will keep you informed of any developments or updates regarding this situation.

Most serious concerns are Shortages of products due to blocades, strikers. Stock on PESOS, in case WU isn't operating..!
A thigh is just a thigh..!
wu hasn't updated their rate in days and it's now about 15% under blue, plus the fees. i figured out how to sell bitcoin on telegram and have the amount deposited directly to my peso bank account at blue, but my account has some kind of monthly transaction limit and I don't know if that limit has gone up with inflation or if it's still 200k/month like when I opened it. i'd sure hate to leave money in the bank.

Chicken Little says, "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!"

Panic buying and hoarding are what lead to shortages.

Hmm, OK, the story is apparently Chicken Little to us Americans, and "Henny Penny" in the UK

Last edited:
Back