Blue Dollar - Over

medialuna989

Registered
Surprised there wasn't already a massive discussion on this - blue dollar ends Monday:
www.lanacion.com.ar/1658112-jorge-capitanich-hemos-decidido-autorizar-la-compra-de-dolares-para-tenencia-y-ahorro

I saw this on all the sites but don't understand whats happening. Can someone explain?

some first info for you in English...

http://bubblear.com/2014/01/end-of-an-era-argentina-government-lifts-restrictions-on-dollar-purchases/

Wahahaha blue dollar will not end. They are opening the purchase of dollars to those who are en blanco and only for a proportion of their salary. So if you don't want the govt to know where all your pesos are coming from you will still go to the black market.

This whole thing could be a disaster. If they had opened it up fully there would be a huge run and could have cause collapse. So despite me thinking Kicillof is a total idiot -- and que mala actitud his little turn on the mic after Capitanich! -- they are trying to open the market without causing a run.... ugh we will see what happens. This govt is in desperate straits.

I still think they've gone about this all wrong. Why did they never just go after the sector inmobiliario and say as of June 1 2011 or whenever the cepo started, every transaction for real estate has got to be transacted in PESOS. If you have dollars to purchase a property you will have to change them to pesos at the oficial rate at the Banco Central before the transaction. Just make all real estate transactions take place via electronic transfer instead of cash in a bag and it becomes something much easier to regulate.

There are still lots of restrictions. To say it is the end of the cepa seems a bit of an overstatement. As the article says, the extent of the changes are still unknown,

These people are so incredibly disorganized with their decisions that they might turn around on Monday and say, "Oh wait, we didn't really mean that. You misinterpreted this. What we really meant was..." This is just a temporary tactic to halt the devaluation until they can figure out what other dumb thing they are going to do. Here we go.

These people are so incredibly disorganized with their decisions that they might turn around on Monday and say, "Oh wait, we didn't really mean that. You misinterpreted this. What we really meant was..." This is just a temporary tactic to halt the devaluation until they can figure out what other dumb thing they are going to do. Here we go.

Exactly. Every thing that comes from this government is one stop gap measure after another. There is no planning here. Think about it, when have we seen CFK's government say "we're wrong?" This is likely to get messier, and it will be interesting to see what happens at 10:00 AM when the banks open.

And Syngirl is absolutely right. It's only for people, and they will still determine how much you can buy.

In 2008 I was skiing with 4 buddies south of Melargue. We climbed a ridge for most of the morning with skis strapped to our packs. The ridge ran out and we had to traverse a 35 degree slope to access the last 100 meters to the summit. I was #2 across the slope. Not quite half-way I hear a soft "crack," then another louder "crack-pop." The snow 5 layers below me was beginning to give way. I did a quick reverse step 180 to try to get out of the avalanche zone...

That was the Peso yesterday.

As I was inching my way back out of the zone I saw my 3 buddies ahead frantically tying an impromptu slide-winch with my safety line on one of the trees that lined the slope, and pulling out beacons and probes.

That's the Blue Dollar today.

Sometimes the best you can do is tie a knot and hang-on!

Back