Blueberries Arandanos

I have been buying arandanos for the past couple of months at a fairly large vegi/fruit stall on Jeronimo Salguero between Juncal and Antonio Beruti a block from Las Heras dog park. They sell bulk for 30 pesos/1/2 kilo which is the rate I have seen about everywhere. They have ALWAYS been super fresh and never a moldy or mushy berry. I just bought a kilo Friday. I too am freezing for the off season. The honeydew melon there is amazing and other produce I have purchased has always been fresh. Super nice guys.

I walk 10 quadras to buy these

This morning I bought a container of fresh blueberries for 12 pesos from my neighborhood fruit and veg guy at Segui 3854.

Went to the local Whole Foods today in Tampa and they had Blueberries from Argentina for US$3.99 for 6 ounces.

Went to the local Whole Foods today in Tampa and they had Blueberries from Argentina for US$3.99 for 6 ounces.

thats about 4 times the price here in Barrio Norte.

It's like. $11,74 US per half a kilo.....!!! or $141 pesos aprox....! :cool: Against the $30 pesos per half kilo here???

The label on my blueberries says they they are a product of Naturipe Farms LLC, Salinas, California 93906 (Steinbeck Country!): http://www.naturipefarms.com/.

The weight is 4.4 ounces (125 grams).

The label on my blueberries says they they are a product of Naturipe Farms LLC, Salinas, California 93906 (Steinbeck Country!): http://www.naturipefarms.com/.

The weight is 4.4 ounces (125 grams).

They were labeled here for export to California.

I bought a case yesterday (12 containers) on Entre Rios in Balvanera for 150 pesos. They were labeled NORTH BAY PRODUCE, Traverse City, Michigan, a product of Uruguay. I checked their website which lists the produce they sell and the countries from which they import. Our season is Sept-Dec, so there are buyers abroad that are selling Argentine and Uruguayan blueberries. The packages that aren't shipped are sold locally.

I paid 40 pesos for a 4.4 oz container a few weeks ago; the price is down to 25 pesos.

Back