Boca Game Tickets?

isaidc

Registered
Hi,

A bunch of us wanted to go to see Boca game this weekend. Just wondering if anybody knows how to get the standard tickets (that aren't pumped up by hostels, etc)

Thanks

The price of football tickets is regulated by the government. A ticket for the standing section (populares/generales) should not cost more than 30 pesos. Plateas (seats) are more expensive (up to a few hundred pesos). My best advice is to go to the stadium on a thursday/friday and buy your tickets there, so you don't pay the rediculous prices that hotels/travel-agencies and other ticket touts charge.

Too bad you want to go and see Boca play, when there are so many more interesting clubs to visit (River, Racing, San Lorenzo, Vélez).

ReemsterCARP said:
Too bad you want to go and see Boca play, when there are so many more interesting clubs to visit (River, Racing, San Lorenzo, Vélez).

So, let me get this straight... Boca Juniors, one of the oldest, most successful clubs in Argentine history, who are currently playing better football than any of the other clubs you've mentioned (perhaps with the exception of San Lorenzo) are - for some reason - not interesting?

Please explain.

Oh and thanks for the advice on the tickets btw.

Rhododendron said:
So, let me get this straight... Boca Juniors, one of the oldest, most successful clubs in Argentine history, who are currently playing better football than any of the other clubs you've mentioned (perhaps with the exception of San Lorenzo) are - for some reason - not interesting?

Please explain.

I never said that Boca isn't an interesting club to visit. I just don't fall for the media hype that Boca "is the team of the people", that they have the most fanatic hinchas or the best stadium. Many foreigners go and see a Boca match simply because they don't know any better. I've seen numerous matches of different teams, but can't say that my visit to Boca was in any way more impressive than the other clubs.

If you look just a little further than the Primera A clubs, there's a whole other world of argentine football. With teams that have strong ties to their neighbourhood and aren't corrupted by the money that goes round in the Primera División: Ferro Carril Oeste, Excursionistas, Atlanta, Chacarita Juniors etcetera.

Then again, never ask a River fan why he doesn't want you to go and see a Boca-match... where do you think the CARP in my nick stands for? ;)

Oh and thanks for the advice on the tickets btw.

you're welcome.

mochilera said:
Hey,
About waiting in the stadium for the tickets. It can take you hours isn't it? And sometimes there are no tickets left....

I've never queued for more than half an hour when buying tickets to regular games.

I bought a ticket from the web site mentioned above in a legitimate price and enjoyed it a lot.
http://www.bsas4u.com/boca-newells-only-tickets-p-164.html here is the link for just tickets at 37$

I wouldn't say that reselling and making a 400% proft is legitimate in this case.Tickets should cost 30 pesos, not 37 USD, especially not populares. For the same amount of money (37USD) you can get a legit platea ticket.

ok so I guess the best thing to do is to go to the stadium on Thursday and buy the tix. Anyone done this? How long does it take? Any safety issues? etc

i'm interested in going to the game this week and buying tickets there.. if you guys are going please let me know, i'm down for sure.

i went to the River Plate game last week with a tour organized from a hostel. i paid 160 pesos for general tickets that were 30 pesos. sure, it included transportation, but that's about it. i think if you go early enough it shouldn't be a problem getting tickets.

I think it is a personal decision regarding each person budget and commodity, like in everything in the life, it's a freedom of market competition.

You decide depending on your time and needs if you are able to pay for the whole service from the commodity of your home using intermediates or to stand in the line trying to get the tickets and take the risk. I believe it is more simple to get tickets for River than for Boca and I don't believe it is so regulated as people said in this forum. I know Argentinians that can't get tickets by themselves as most of the places belong to the Boca Jrs Club and its members which already occupied the best places in the stadium and re sell them at crazy prices, so they are encouraging this situation...

Besides that I think it is worse to pay 1 month and a half of commission to a real state agency for a short term rental in Buenos Aires, and who regulates that? but we have to do it otherwise we will spend months finding place for living...Like everything in the life, you pay for the commodity, the service is what is worth!

Back