Boise, Idaho anyone?

Yes Stevie, I am in the process of getting a green card currently. It is taking a bit over a year currently to have everything ready ( at some pount in time before the pandemic Uscis was much faster ).

Sorry to hear that, Nikad. Argentina will be a poorer place without you. It's sad to see the exodus of educated argentinos leaving.

Sorry to hear that, Nikad. Argentina will be a poorer place without you. It's sad to see the exodus of educated argentinos leaving.
We really are not leaving due to the economy as we have been together for 2 decades. It has more to do with not having much family left here.

nikad. where did you end living? my wife just got her green card and social security number. it took a year and a half. be pacient, its slow but works. i am now on the road again. whew. think biden just passed legislation to expidite the process. good luck and be pacient of all things. if you want to leave the country file for s pardon with immigration. you can do it yourself. my wife did. the immigration people were very nice and helped expedite the process. recommend. after the pardon meeting we hear back in 3 weeks. a simular thing happened with a friend of mine. the officer said i dont understand why its taking so long. promised to look into it. the next day she sent a letter saying we could extend to 60 days if we wanted. originally for 30 days

nikad. where did you end living? my wife just got her green card and social security number. it took a year and a half. be pacient, its slow but works. i am now on the road again. whew. think biden just passed legislation to expidite the process. good luck and be pacient of all things. if you want to leave the country file for s pardon with immigration. you can do it yourself. my wife did. the immigration people were very nice and helped expedite the process. recommend. after the pardon meeting we hear back in 3 weeks. a simular thing happened with a friend of mine. the officer said i dont understand why its taking so long. promised to look into it. the next day she sent a letter saying we could extend to 60 days if we wanted. originally for 30 days
I am still in BA, have a lot of stuff to take care of while visa happens.

got it. your applying outside the US. i do think its better to wait for a green card where your most comfortable. let me know how it goes. i have heard both ways are better

Looks like you need to drive everywhere, so hope you like driving. And they have serious winter weather there. i.e. lots of snow.
Here’s a recent YouTube video about living in Boise, Idaho. Bon voyage.

Looks like you need to drive everywhere, so hope you like driving. And they have serious winter weather there. i.e. lots of snow.
Here’s a recent YouTube video about living in Boise, Idaho. Bon voyage.
Currently also entertaining NC near Raleigh. I really, really, really need to learn driving. I have been in denial most of my life, but I think I would be unable to do much without a driver's license. Don't want to be an outcast... when in Rome... :D ( plus, if I can drive in this city, I am confident I can drive anywhere lol )

Currently also entertaining NC near Raleigh. I really, really, really need to learn driving. I have been in denial most of my life, but I think I would be unable to do much without a driver's license. Don't want to be an outcast... when in Rome... :D ( plus, if I can drive in this city, I am confident I can drive anywhere lol )
Nikad, North Carolina is fantastic. I've lived in both Durham/Chapel Hill area and Wilmington and have many close friends in Raleigh. I loved Wilmington, near the beach...but yes, driving is necessary. I grew up in Chicago and always took buses/walked so while I had a drivers license, having to drive everywhere was a change. But the people were always very nice that I met in North Carolina. I count the years I lived in Wilmington (5) as some of the best I've had so far. I hope you find a great place to land and that things go smoothly. And, you're right...if you learn to drive here...it'll be SO much easier when you get to the U.S.-where it seems a bit more easygoing. I could never drive here. I'd be off-road in minutes. haha

Back