Bolsonaro has a 'little flu'

Both Bolsonaro and Boris Johnson dissed the, virus and got it - that's makes it two out of three major deniers.

Dare I hope that the other great Denier-in-Chief gets it as well?

He's the one I had in mind. There's a Spanish saying: "No hay dos sin tres". Let's hope it holds true....!

If you fear Covid-19, this isn't as positive as it might at first blush seem - if Bolsonaro gets through it with mild symptoms like more people do, he and a large swathe of the Brazilian population will be even more emboldened, and the lockdowns will lose a lot of legitimacy in the eyes of many. Bolsonaro is already saying "if you're old and/or vulnerable, stay home. the rest of us should get back to work, because the cure can't be worse than the disease." This is a very logical position, and it will win out as people's economic situations continue to deteriorate. Bolsonaro's high profile bout with the illness will only help him make this case.

Both Bolsonaro and Boris Johnson dissed the, virus and got it - that's makes it two out of three major deniers.

Dare I hope that the other great Denier-in-Chief gets it as well?

I will be surprised if it gets him. For all the blowhard that he is, there is a massive state machinery (that yes, he disses too) protecting him. Testing every person that gets close to him.
That’s what all the fools who look after and/or emulate him don’t get.
He’ll make sure he is fine, in a way that you can’t or won’t.

Bolsonaro is already saying "if you're old and/or vulnerable, stay home. the rest of us should get back to work, because the cure can't be worse than the disease." This is a very logical position, and it will win out as people's economic situations continue to deteriorate. Bolsonaro's high profile bout with the illness will only help him make this case.

It's logical for those with an overly simplistic view of reality since there is not a single example of that approach working for the benefit of public health or the economy. By most measures, Brazil is an example of how not to manage a pandemic and it currently has twice the mortality rate of Argentina. A demagogue like Ballsonaro can easily spin any information to his benefit. It's also to his advantage that he governs the country with the second-lowest literacy rate on the continent.

...the cure can't be worse than the disease." This is a very logical position, and it will win out as people's economic situations continue to deteriorate. Bolsonaro's high profile bout with the illness will only help him make this case.

Perhaps, but as they learn more about COVID-19, it is showing to be, for many, the gift that keeps on giving, potentially leaving a host of long-term issues.

I wouldn't necessarily wish that in anyone's case, but...

Back