BOMB EXPLODES AT MOSCOW'S MAIN AIRPORT - Many Dead

Dudester

Registered
A Massive Bomb - confirmed seconds ago as a terrorist suicide bomber - just went off in the last hour in the International arrival hall at the main Airport in Moscow, Russia. there's already 31 confirmed dead/125 confirmed injured. News is coming in slowly... A HORRIBLE SITUATION !!! (from the AP). International CNN/MSNBC/BBC World covering this tragedy.

The mind of the suicide bomber is so difficult for me to understand.
This is tragic news and I hope that the casualties are less than expected.

No Gringoboy, unfortunately the news just gets worse and worse (check the updates I just put up) Just reported a policeman running out of the airport, covered with flesh and blood yelling "I survived, I survived !!!" - sounds like hell.. You would think this was a pretty safe area of the Airport. I'm getting it off MSNBC, they keep updating every few minutes, doing a very professional job IMHO...

Gringoboy said:
The mind of the suicide bomber is so difficult for me to understand.
This is tragic news and I hope that the casualties are less than expected.
Depends on what you "Expected"?

PhilipDT said:
Religion aka the root of all evil is usually involved.

When a suicide bomber is involved, that's the Islamic way. I'm not a religious person, but I don't like generalizing either. Buddhism, for instance, teaches people that the real source of happiness is inner peace.

PhilipDT said:

The expression you are alluding to is about money. Often misquoted as 'money is the root of all evil' which would be ridiculous since it would mean every one of us would be tainted as soon as we touch the stuff, 'the love of money is the root of all evil' is the full quote and makes better sense. The vast majority of us go through life earning what we can, saving what we can, spending what we can whilst a tiny minority of humans cheat, lie and kill for it whether on the street or in the boardroom or in government.

The vast majority of religious people go through life helping who they can, caring where they can, building, educating and sharing where they can whilst a tiny minority do appalling things in its name.

There is no more sense in blaming some amorphous thing called religion for the world's ills than in blaming the 100 peso note in your pocket for the mugger who tries to steal it from you. It's people that are the problem.

seventeen said:
When a suicide bomber is involved, that's the Islamic way.

Not necessarily true. Suicide bombings were widely practised by the LTTE in Sri Lanka and they are not Muslim.

PhilipDT said:

elhombresinnombre said:
The expression you are alluding to is about money. Often misquoted as 'money is the root of all evil' which would be ridiculous since it would mean every one of us would be tainted as soon as we touch the stuff, 'the love of money is the root of all evil' is the full quote and makes better sense.

I think PhilipDT was being facetious and no doubt knows the full context of the phrase.

This kind of situations bring me back the ghost from the past. Im talking about AMIA bomb here in BA in 1992 and the Israel Embassy in 1994.
The mind of this people its simple: when they want something, they just take it, No matters what or who its on the way.

Back