Book Club in Spanish start-up

Hi! My name is Andre and I'm interested. Maybe we could do some book swapping if we get this off the ground? I have some books I read in spanish which I would like to trade for new material.

I live in Monserrat so I selfishly wish that this happens in San Telmo.

Thanks!

Kushluk said:
Hi! My name is Andre and I'm interested. Maybe we could do some book swapping if we get this off the ground? I have some books I read in spanish which I would like to trade for new material.

I live in Monserrat so I selfishly wish that this happens in San Telmo.

Thanks!

Not that I wouldn't love to go out to Dave's place, but I'd prefer if we are going to have regular meetings, it be in BA.

Yeah I guess Palermo is ok (which is what I think you meant). When would these meetings be anyhow? Mon. Thus. Fri.?

Kushluk said:
Yeah I guess Palermo is ok (which is what I think you meant). When would these meetings be anyhow? Mon. Thus. Fri.?

Palermo is good for me, but it's now what I meant. (If you are talking to me). I could do Almargo, Belgrano, Barrio Norte even San Telmo as long as their is a bus. Vincente Lopez is difficult for me except if I were to take a taxi (which I'd prefer not to do regularly).

Both Palermo and San Telmo sound great to me.

I too think the book club meeting would be best in Capital, that way it's easier for most people to get there. Although, Dave, I personally think another bbq at your place would be fantastic, seeing as I sadly had to miss the first two ;)

Hey guys

I agree the book club should meet somewhere more central - I was thinking just of a "kick-off" meeting here next weekend, combined with a (welcome-back-Igor ?) BBQ.
I am leaving town for a few weeks first part of the week, so this would be kind of "last call" for a Sunday gathering this month.

Anyway, book club or no, I'm up for a BBQ Sunday - if even just a couple of folks want to come let's do it!

Betts threatened to make some more of her KILLER chocolate chip cookies - that alone is motivation enough for me!

Saludos,

David

I think the book club idea is great! Unfortunately, since I am a native Spanish speaker that spent more years living in Argentina than the US, I will not join the group this time as it involves paying a teacher, but I'd like to meet others from the group and socialize in the future. I'd really appreciate if you could please post any social activities that others could join in the future. Thank you! :)

Hey Dave, Mike -- Just so you know, Sunday is Dia del Niño, I'm not sure if others who are interested in the group have families and are aware of this, but I don't think I'll be able to get to the meeting. Sundays generally aren't great if you've got Argentine family here, we end up with lots of family get togethers -- if we're going to do a weekend day, Saturday would be better, or a weekday evening? I hope that would work for others, if I'm the only one with difficulties obviously don't change the plans! Thanks guys, and keep me posted!

I'm a permanent expat as well and interested in the group. I agree with syngirl about permanent Sunday meetings...perhaps more difficult to commit. Either way, please keep posting as plans become more firm. Thanks!

I'm interested. When a final time/location is set let me know and I'll try to make it. Love to read in any language. I'm here long-term and I read quite a bit in Spanish.

Back