Book Club, Wednesday Nov.26,7:00 Recoleta

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi all. Just a reminder that the November book club and pot luck will be Wednesday the 26 of November 7:00, at my home in Recoleta.
The book club has been meeting monthly for the last year and a half. It is a diverse and friendly group whose purpose is to foster a bit of a sense of community and friendships within the expat community through sharing intellectual and friendly discussion in English generated by the monthly book selection.
It is not necessary to have read the book in order to be able to participate. All you need is a desire to connect and then to RSVP by stating on this thread owhat you'd like to bring to the pot luck dinner that follows the discussion. There is even enough time to read this months selection, a beautiful depiction of daily life and survival during world war 2 as described by a blind French girl and her professor Father, and a young German orphan turned soldier. The book is one of the top 10 on the New York Times list and has been nominated for several literary prizes: "All the Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr.
We welcome new members. Please indicate interest here on this thread, and I'll get back to you with contact info if you've never been. By the way, there will NOT be a meeting in December. The next meeting after this November's will be at the end of January.For returning members just let me know if you're coming so I can have seats available:) looking forward to seeing you all soon.

I am reading a fascinating book called" The City of Lies, Tehran" and after having just returned from my second trip and having spent 2 months there within an 11 month period, I could understand and verify many of the situations. I know it has nothing to with a destination to which many go, but it is stilla great eye opener!

Well thanks for the reccomendation Esteban. We will keep that book in mind for a future selection. Maybe when you will be back and could come to the meeting as well!

We are looking forward to the meeting. Not sure what we are bringing but it will include wine.

Same, I will be in attendance but not sure what I'm bringing yet!

Great. Wonderful to see you all again. Especially because there won't be a December meeting!

What's going on? Interesting people meeting over book-themes and food? I'd certainly be interested. I could bring along something exotic to bite on...

Back