Book Club Meeting, Wednesday Oct.29, 7:00-10:00

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings everyone! The BAEXPAT book club/pot luck will be meeting this Wednesday at my apartment in Recoleta. This group is open to all forum members and has been in existence for over a year! The objective is to provide a slightly intellectual but friendly and warm venue for expats to come together,connect with each other and have some animated conversation, while we eat drink and be merry! The monthly book selection provides a jumping off point for our discussions, and one need not have read the book in order to be able to participate. The discussion questions are purposefully kept general enough to allow for all to participate. The meeting concludes with our superb pot luck, almost always including some hot and spicy dishes and or other nostalgic dishes. This group varies in age and nationality, and we especially welcome new members. There is no commitment required, just to RSVP as my apartment is small and therefore space is limited.
If you would like to come, please respond here with the dish that you will be bringing. If you haven't already been I will contact you by PM with the details and address after seeing your post.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!

La Coqueta

My wife and I would love to attend. Is there anything you recommend in the food department for us to take, or just take something that taste great and is healthy?

Rick Ulivi

La Coqueta

My wife and I would love to attend. Is there anything you recommend in the food department for us to take, or just take something that taste great and is healthy?

Rick Ulivi

She is bumping it, this month.

Looking forward to seeing you two Wednesday! And don't worry about "healthy"....:)

coffee chat and book club meeting the same evening?

Blokes may be wanting to attend both events but tough attending 2 events back to back.

I agree, it's unfortunate. We were there first! But coffe chat is now aware of the conflict and has kindly changed their meeting to end at 6:30, allowing attendees to arrive on time for the book club meeting. And there are people who go to both. It's nice that there are more face to face activities for expats to participate in together. When I started the book club there was NOTHING! Onward and upward!

changed their meeting to end at 6:30, allowing attendees to arrive on time for the book club meeting.

Only confounding thing is how will the people attending coffee get time to prepare for food for the potuck?

Back