book imports

cuore

Registered
Hey!
Does anyone know what's the actual status on book imports?
I just want to buy one book on Amazon but not sure if custom's authorities are gonna make me go to Ezeiza to get it and pay U$S60 for a book that cost U$S20.
No offense but pls no speculations, just facts!!!!
Thanks

Hi, same situation here. I want to order a law book via Amazon... if anyone had any experience on importing books lately, please share!! thanks! :)

I ordered a book from amazon about 4 months ago, and it arrived at my door without any problems or extra charges. I then stupidly chanced a kindle, and had to pay the value of the kindle again, when it arrived :)

4 months ago books came,2 months ordered one and never heard anything about it, waited one month and amazon issued full refund.

thynes23 said:
I ordered a book from amazon about 4 months ago, and it arrived at my door without any problems or extra charges. I then stupidly chanced a kindle, and had to pay the value of the kindle again, when it arrived :)

So the tax on Electronics is now 100%.

EVEN if it is under US$300.

Nice.

I order books rather regularly and they are delivered to my apartment without incident--normally. But in the last 6 months I ordered three books on internet business, web site optimization, etc., all from a different source, and none of them arrived. I usually order used. The shipping is always high but the book is sometimes perhaps $1.50 as opposed to the "new" price and almost always is in "new" condition.

I had ordered a book previously of raw food recipes that I had given up on, but finally it arrived about 3 months later. I think it is possible you can buy a Kindle here, in which case you can expect a big, discouraging charge on electronics if you have it shipped in. I have never ordered anything quite that impressive but my son has sent me a couple of "interesting" items marked "gift" and they came through with no charges. That involves sending the item to a friend or relative who will repackage and mail it for you. I would not try any electronics like that though. It is not illogical to have the new cost also charged as duty since, if you go and look at electronics for sale here they are twice the price as in the U.S. It is best to have someone bring that to you. So far, in three years I have not had to pay duty on anything sent to me. (Knock on wood!)

I buy books in amazon all the time never had a problem. They arrive late but they doy. Worst case you receive a notification and you will have to go to the post office not ezeiza.

thanks everyone for your responses. I believe the new rules applied 2 months ago.. but nobody knows.

Its taking longer to arrive. I need to buy books every week or so and they arrive. If I need something urgent I use dhl and from europ the editorial does everything
Hopes it help
Ps I heard friends wich books never arrived

Why not go to a public library and take the book out. Oppps I forgot. Can't do that in the Paris of South America.
Can anyone believe that we are talking about "not being able to get books" in a democracy?

Back