Bookclub Meeting &potluck Wed.1/28/15 7:00

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings and Happy New Year! The Book Club monthly meeting and pot luck will be Wednesday, Jan.28 from 7-10 in Recoleta. We have been reading Ken Follett's "The Edge of Eternity". It is not necessary to have read the book in order to come to the meeting. The discussion is general enough that all can participate. However I would advise those that have't read the book to read a summary of it.
The book describes significant events of the 1960s-80s includng the Bay of Pigs invasion, the building and falling of the Berlin Wall, the Freedom Marches in the US South and others, from the perspectives of vaious famiies on several continents. Book discussion is usually an hour, intros and eating is the rest of the time.
We are a friendly group and welcome all. Everyone brings a dish to share for the potluck and wine or beer if drinking. I provide softdrinks and water. Please RSVP by responding to this thread and indicating what you will be bringing. If you are a first time attendee I will PM you with the address and contact info. Hope to see you soon!

@ceviche: there is ALWAYS wine, usually beer, never cocktails, but you could always bring some...I provide the place, dishes, silverware, a main dish and some drinks. Plus great moderation of discussion. Again come and join us!

I will be there this month. Will try to bring vegetable samosas and if not, some other savory dish.

Reminder Wednesday is the book club! Please confirm if you are coming by leaving a message on this thread with what you'll be bringing for the pot luck. SPACE IS LIMITED and there are only a few seats (literally)left!

Back