Border hopping to renew a tourist visa

skibum801

Registered
Hi, I'll be moving to Argentina in about a month. I am currently reading some of the threads on here about immigration and visas and stuff. I am wondering, since I'll be teaching English, is it generally considered illegal and/or inadvisable to border hop to renew my visa as a tourist? Will this have long-term consequences such as not being able to gain citizenship or legal status? I am wondering if someone could link to some pertinent information about these topics or give me an answer. I am worried that the advice I got from the school I obtained my TEFL certificate from is wrong. They told me it's fine to border hop. But am I missing something here? Because it seems to me like if they deny my entry into the country after I border hop once or twice even, then I'd be screwed. Am I overthinking this or are there reasons why it'd be advisable to obtain some kind of longer-term work visa? I guess the information that has been omitted by the TEFL school is why schools that hire English teachers are not willing to sponsor work visas. I am wondering where to even start with all of this. And because my flight is in a month, I am more than a little worried about this. Thanks.

Sidenote: I was also considering just taking some classes on the side so that I could qualify as a student. I was wondering if this might be an option, too.

you should search these forums. this topic has been asked repeatedly on here.

Hi I would be interested to know how you've progressed with this as I am in a similar situation.

You can be denied to re entry anytime while your employer can be fined in over 10.000 usd.

For residency or citizenship the overstay makes no difference.

Citizenship can be applied without lawyer if you have 2 legal residency or with legal representation without it.

You can be denied to re entry anytime while your employer can be fined in over 10.000 usd.

For residency or citizenship the overstay makes no difference.

Citizenship can be applied without lawyer if you have 2 legal residency or with legal representation without it.

Great advice I did the Colonia hop for 5 years... However now the DNM has new regulations, but as usual depends on which side of the bed the agent got up ! no easy shots, please . Some Agents clearly are anti-american ... but no one has beef against citizens of Luxemburg :rolleyes:

By "2 legal residency" did you mean two years of temporary or permanent residency with the DNI?

Either with or without "legal residency" is it necessary to have two years uninterrupted physical presence in Argentina to apply for citizenship or dies it vary from one judge to the next?

By "2 legal residency" did you mean two years of temporary or permanent residency with the DNI?

Either with or without "legal residency" is it necessary to have two years uninterrupted physical presence in Argentina to apply for citizenship or dies it vary from one judge to the next?

Yes, it was a typo mistake.
The ininterrupted residence is abolished since 1956. You need continuous residence.
You do not need the 2 years to apply. 60% of the judges are going to freeze the case until the second year, 40% are going to process your case.
The art. 20 of the NC requires 2 years for obtaing the citizenship.
The uninterrupted 2 years of residency to solicitate means you are enable to request to authorities for 2 years. If you cannot request, then you are not a person and then you are alike a slave. This is why this was a requirement that resurrected with the totalitarian States between the 2 world wars because it was one of the requirements for healing an illegal possesion of slaves ;) during medieval ages.

Back