borders closed with judicial endorsement

You might end up arrested since while doing so you might violate number of legislations (e.g. trespassing, as well as immigration rules of Canada or Mexico).

However, you would end up inside the United States, not outside.

That's the difference. Those people ended up outside Argentina, not inside.

They ended outside because they chose to. They could have walked 1 km out and just cross illegally at the unregulated border with Brazil. But as you pointed they did not want to break the law.

They ended outside because they chose to. They could have walked 1 km out and just cross illegally at the unregulated border with Brazil. But as you pointed they did not want to break the law.
Because they might face between 6 months top to 15 years of jail.
Argentines cannot commit the ilegal entry because they are argentines, but now it means to break anti pandemic rules;
1611687295991.png
1611687327998.png

Sure it was choice or will?
if they cross illegally in the "system" will appear like they stayed in Brazil, which can probably lead to overstay. They just had to do what will not lead to their own later legal issues I think, not just to respect the law for itself.

Anyway if I'm a citizen of a country I suppose this country should always accept and protect, and not leave me on the foreign land. Por favor. Good that they are couple and not adultos mayores or family with kids.I hope that in that case the decision could be different?

You might end up arrested since while doing so you might violate number of legislations (e.g. trespassing, as well as immigration rules of Canada or Mexico).

However, you would end up inside the United States, not outside.

That's the difference. Those people ended up outside Argentina, not inside.

As far as Canada is concerned, there are a whole bunch of rules that are needed in order to board a flight to Canada. And the airlines generally enforce these.

But once you’ve made it onto Canadian soil? As a Canadian citizen? You’re in, full stop.

As @dilmah said, you might be in trouble with the law for entering the country without reporting for inspection. Especially now, that you’re evading the quarantine.

But removed from the country? Impossible. And I’m pretty sure the situation is the same with the US.

As far as Canada is concerned, there are a whole bunch of rules that are needed in order to board a flight to Canada. And the airlines generally enforce these.

But once you’ve made it onto Canadian soil? As a Canadian citizen? You’re in, full stop.

As @dilmah said, you might be in trouble with the law for entering the country without reporting for inspection. Especially now, that you’re evading the quarantine.

But removed from the country? Impossible. And I’m pretty sure the situation is the same with the US.
Same in Paraguay and Brazil. It is perfectly legal to enter the country anywhere as long as one is authorized to do so and does not carry false documents. As far as US is concerned, you get arrested for illegal entry.

I beg to differ.

Imagine virtual experiment: I'm Argentine authorities. I tell citizens to go to another border crossing. Then, when they come to that another border crossing I tell them -- now this border crossing is also closed. But some third border crossing is open. And I continue punting them from one border to another ad infinitum.

By your logic every step of this torture is OK -- I do not reject them, I just refer them to another border crossing.
But the effect is that they cannot enter.

If citizens are at any point at the border they must be let in.

Your scenario represents the problem with hypothetical situations.....you can make anything up and present it as a legitimate possibility.....if you had documented proof of such an infraction, it would bear consideration....hypothetical mental meandering cannot ever be considered in real life understanding, application, and resolution..... as I keep harping....do your research....it will steer you away from hypothetical.....if your mother says she love you-research it !

Back