Boring Question About Duvet Covers....

Nikad et al, those are the duvet and cover I bought off Mercadolibre. I have one duvet and two covers. They are really not worth buying, there is no closure for the covers and they are so thin that when new they're even thinner than my 15 year old ones friom UK!! The duvet itself is made of a kind of paper material, not even real material! They are the reason I started the thread and, while passable, they are low quality.

I couldn't even find the covers. I just put a sheet or blanket on top and forget it. The duvet will be washed and put into storage once winter is over.

Another thing on the list to buy when I leave for vacation to the US or Europe.

Well my family lives even more humbly, Crema Americana. We have taken to using sleeping bags, haha! We save the duvets for the guests...

I was just looking for these today!
I found a place on Medrano just past Corrientes that sells duvet covers for 400 pesos, I walked out at the time thinking it was a complete rip off. Why can't you find these things here???

The Acolchado Manufacturers Association and trade union associates have convinced everyone that duvets are useless and Acolchados are the way to go.
There is no option other than bringing stuff in from USA or Europe.

Wonder where hotels get them. Even bulk buying, I can't believe they spend 1000 pesos on a duvet and cover per bed. They don't seem hand made either.

Wonder where hotels get them. Even bulk buying, I can't believe they spend 1000 pesos on a duvet and cover per bed. They don't seem hand made either.

That's nothing. A friend of mine works at the Hotel Palace Alvear and he says they pay $500 US for the pillows.

How many pillows would that be for? They probably dress one bed with at least 4 pillows in embroidered egyptian cotton cases and maybe a couple of bolsters, custom-upholstered in fancy material. That could cost 500 USD.

No. They charge the guests $500 US per pillow. I have one. Without realizing how much the hotel charges a friend gave one to me during her say. They're the best pillows I've ever slept on.

Oh well, they can sell them for any price they wish. That's not what they cost the hotel to buy them! Besides why is the Alvear selling pillows???? I guess that's the charge they slap on the bill if you disappear one from the room.

Back