Bottle of Vodka and Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandulf.ironhead

Registered
There is a nice-ish restaurant where the waiter knows me and I brought a bottle of vodka (Wyborowa...goes down very smooth) to have there on my own, watch the people, and so on. As it happens I had something like 7 coffees that day, I was very wired. The vodka added to this and made me very impatient, on top of getting drunk and excited. The night outside was dull, humid, and hot and I was starting to feel boxed in. I don't remember the next hour very well except for a couple of things (it involved me singing some songs that people there found disturbing, hitting on girls in a way their boyfriends may have found uncomfortable, loud declamations, and demanding that restaurant staff get in a cab to fetch some stuff from across town) but the whole night ended badly with being asked to leave, etc., and at least one of the other people at the restaurant getting into a screaming match with the owner, I'm guessing over something I did or said. The restaurant staff and especially the waiter I know were very polite and accommodating, so...I'm wondering what would be a nice gift. Money might be tacky, and I already tip him very well every time, do Argies like bottles of wine for this kind of "occasion"?

pandulf.ironhead said:
There is a nice-ish restaurant where the waiter knows me and I brought a bottle of vodka (Wyborowa...goes down very smooth) to have there on my own, watch the people, and so on. As it happens I had something like 7 coffees that day, I was very wired. The vodka added to this and made me very impatient, on top of getting drunk and excited. The night outside was dull, humid, and hot and I was starting to feel boxed in. I don't remember the next hour very well except for a couple of things (it involved me singing some songs that people there found disturbing, hitting on girls in a way their boyfriends may have found uncomfortable, loud declamations, and demanding that restaurant staff get in a cab to fetch some stuff from across town) but the whole night ended badly with being asked to leave, etc., and at least one of the other people at the restaurant getting into a screaming match with the owner, I'm guessing over something I did or said. The restaurant staff and especially the waiter I know were very polite and accommodating, so...I'm wondering what would be a nice gift. Money might be tacky, and I already tip him very well every time, do Argies like bottles of wine for this kind of "occasion"?

At least now we all know that you can be just as charming in person as you have been here on the forum.

Funny how you've been complaining about all these Americans that come down here and talk so loudly and walk around like they own the place and get ridiculously drunk and then you go and do the same thing. Either your story is BS, or you're a total hypocrite and don't even realise.

You cannot do anything to make up to that restaurant and the staff except stay away. You've been an idiot foreigner that behaved exactly as you hate the foreigners around you. Find yourself another favourite place, and maybe you need to dry out -- ordering a bottle of vodka while eating by yourself may be acceptable in Russia, but not in Argentina. Most people wouldn't even order a bottle of wine on their own -- that's why they have the 375ml ones.

-- ordering a bottle of vodka while eating by yourself

He didnt even order the vodka and pay for it there, he said he brought it in.. That makes it even worse. The restaurant didnt even profit from his drunken stuper except probably from the 7 coffee's..

hannstew said:
He didnt even order the vodka and pay for it there, he said he brought it in.. That makes it even worse. The restaurant didnt even profit from his drunken stuper except probably from the 7 coffee's..

I don't think he had the seven coffees there....

syngirl said:
Most people wouldn't even order a bottle of wine on their own -- that's why they have the 375ml ones.

I'd feel like a complete loser ordering 1/2 bottle of wine I never do that...it's petty...

syngirl said:
Funny how you've been complaining about all these Americans that come down here and talk so loudly and walk around like they own the place and get ridiculously drunk and then you go and do the same thing. Either your story is BS, or you're a total hypocrite and don't even realise.

Well just for the record my complaint was more about the Americans' office-bitch look, the dull sheeplike stare in the eye, fat bodies, dumb clothes, etc., and that combined with talking very loud about banal stuff makes for a very poor sight. I don't really have a problem with loud people. For the record, I was singing Spanish Civil War songs, you'd think the other people in the restaurant would be amused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back