Bottles Of Booze Coming Through Customs

domthegreat

Registered
Wondering if anyone knows what the limit is for brining in booze from abroad. I got a work trip coming up soon to KY right near a few great bourbon distilleries and I was thinking of loading up my checked baggage.

I know in the US its something like 2 liters per person. Does anyone know what it is for Argentina? I have personally brought 3 bottles before without a problem but I was thinking to myself today that I don't actually know what the limit is for EZE.

Thanks!

I've brought in as much as 2 cases of wine and 6 bottles of spirits with no questions asked. But - as usual, they didn't look or ask.

Not sure about the situation here, but in most other countries, you have like a table for different kind of alcohols, e.g., up to 2 liters of spirits, up to 6 liters of wine, etc.. Check the customs page, they should have it listed there.

Well so much for clarity... :)

Im seeing webpages with different limits. Can anyone recommend where to teach for the answer?

U.S. allows duty free 3 liters carried on plane. Argentina allows duty free 3 liters entering the country.
Whether or not you are searched/allowed to bring more of course is entirely subjective. Carrying liquor in checked baggage is a separate issue.

I used to bring wine in my checked luggage but that was pre 911 so it's possible regulations have changed regarding that.

I believe the only way to bring booze on a plane is in checked luggage unless you buy your booze at the airport after going through security and you have a non stop flight so you don't have to go through security again.

I always buy my gin at EZE while waiting for my checked luggage to arrive. The duty free store is right there and they have a fair selection although no small batch Kentucky bourbon :=(

T/

If you search for the tsa.gov blog you will find the regulations for alcohol in checked luggage. Up to 5 liter bottles of up to 70% alcohol can be checked. You can carry on as much as will fit in up to 3.4 ounce containers within a one quart plastic bag. The blog does not mention how many liters you can bring from duty-free, but at duty-free shops I have been told the limit is three.

Yeah, I am not so concerned about the TSA regs, I know 4-5 bottles (liter sized, larger than most bourbon bottles) is acceptable. What I want to avoid running afoul of customs here in Argentina.

Back