Brazil Heads For Worst Recession Since 1901 Optimism Arg

1901? They probably meant to say 2001.
At any rate 2016 is going to be a very tough year for Brazil .Luckily,they are going to wave visas right in time for the Summer Olympic Games Aug.8-21.
Those who know and admire Brazil for among other things their free and functional judicial system will keep rooting for them to come out of this on top.
O Brasil Pra Frente ! Forward Brazil !

1901? They probably meant to say 2001.

Nope, 1901.

"If the country is in crisis, why then is this store chain called "For Rent" growing so much?"

oIKdXrd.jpg

"If the country is in crisis, then why is this store chain called "for rent" growing so much?"

oIKdXrd.jpg

I would love to hear how having its largest trade partner go into prolonged recession is "optimistic" for Argentina.

Edit: no mention of Argentina in the Bloomberg article. The quotes in the OP do not seem to exist anywhere on the internets. Memo to self: re-engage ignore function.

I would love to hear how having its largest trade partner go into prolonged recession is "optimistic" for Argentina.

Edit: no mention of Argentina in the Bloomberg article. The quotes in the OP do not seem to exist anywhere on the internets. Memo to self: re-engage ignore function.

I should have clarified the quotes were from the video embedded in the web page.

Just an FYI we have seen a significant decrease in the Brazilians vacationing in the Punta Del Este region this summer.

The fact that Macri ended the currency and export restriction should soften the blow somewhat in the short term. Medium-Long term, Brazil will enter a full blown depression, and the effects in Argentina will be significant.

They can always sell more land to China.

They can always sell more land to China.

In Argentina that is not a privilege seen as exclusive to Brazil, like sugarcane it also exists, albeit in less competitive proportions.
In Uruguay you could begin selling built up real estate to China. I hope Trump's investment in Punta will alert both parties.

Back