Brazil Heads For Worst Recession Since 1901 Optimism Arg

As the Chinese stock market tanks and the world economy collapses around it, here is my useful public service announcement video for today:

The Russian Survivalist shows you how to cook an egg in a potato.

http://youtu.be/sZ86Us0fXKk

They can always sell more land to China.

This is exactly the problem. The "let's just sell stuff to China and Brazil" argument is no longer valid as it was over the last decade. China has turned off the commodities vacuum cleaner. Brazil (due to its size and compounding internal issues) took the first hit, and is already deep in recession. Argentina has escaped relatively unscathed for now, but it's not going to be a pretty 2016. Putana da seatbeltz.

Attachments

• imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 13
Whatever happens I think that Brazilians will come out of their economic depression aided by a heavy dose of "brasilidade".
I have been visiting there since the 1960s and I have yet to know a happier or more optimistic people in the Americas,North South,Central or the Caribe
On my first visit to Rio i noticed under a street sign a saying " A saude comesa com a felicidade---- Health begins with happiness"..i never forgot it.Happiness is a pimary ingredient to health.A country is indeed not a business.it is an amalgamation of human beings.
Brazil Latin America's true rainbow nation is a vivid example of that.Although the markets did not approve,Dilma is now going to try a little "Levy Light" with Nelson Barbosa who implemented "A minha casa,a minha vida" ---My house is my life" A gov't financed housing plan The slogan is typically Brazilian---full of passion.
Brazilians don't say they they are falling in love when beginning a new affair.They say they are impassioned .Which is probably a more apt word in such cases.
I wish them the best of luck in 2016--------Muita Felicidade de Verdade !!!

This is exactly the problem. The "let's just sell stuff to China and Brazil" argument is no longer valid as it was over the last decade. China has turned off the commodities vacuum cleaner. Brazil (due to its size and compounding internal issues) took the first hit, and is already deep in recession. Argentina has escaped relatively unscathed for now, but it's not going to be a pretty 2016. Putana da seatbeltz.

Ha ha, sure. I was just *trying* to be funny, not elaborate solid economic policy. :)

Camberiu:
I just believe in accentuating the positive and deaccentuationg the negative.
You have posted some very useful and interesting material.
But PLEASE on the U.S. of which I am the native tone down the red alerts and accentuate the democratic value strengthening,if you are really interested in helping and not simply being pessimistic and alarming.

Camberiu:
I just believe in accentuating the positive and deaccentuationg the negative.
You have posted some very useful and interesting material.
But PLEASE on the U.S. of which I am the native tone down the red alerts and accentuate the democratic value strengthening,if you are really interested in helping and not simply being pessimistic and alarming.

I agree with you in general, but have you been back to the US in a while? At the very least, the political rhetoric has taken on a new level of insanity. You've heard about the leading Republican candidate and his plans to forcibly deport anyone with "irregular status" and prohibit Muslims from entering the US. That isn't conspiracy theory or pessimism. It's not even being taken out of context. He's repeated it over and over.

"He'll quickly cut the head off ISIS - and take their oil"

When the US truly became a live action South Park episode.
The footage of the immigrants swarming at the border, that is Morocco, North Africa, BTW.

http://youtu.be/AEAJrT8PeOo

Back