Brazil Visa

That is what happened to me. The formulario had crazy only tech geek can comply types if requirements. I practically had a breakdown trying to meet the requirements. In the end found an IT pro to finish what I couldn't do.
I did note that at the brazil consulate where you file the application they have computers available to use for filing the application. I didn't note personnel capable of helping however! Good luck!

Printing the Form and completing by hand not acceptable as allowed at USA Consulate..? Where the lady corrects the stuff by crossing over and rewrite.

I could not pay using any of the following:
CanadianDebit / ArgentineDebit / CanadianCredit.

Walking into any regular Bank ATM, I was not able to get cash advance using any of the following:
CanadianDebit / ArgentineDebit / CanadianCredit.

EXCEPTIONS:
VERY FEW DESIGNATED ATM`s (NOT affiliated to any specific Bank) and located in some specific Shopping Centers and Marked with the words: ”Banco24Horas”.
I was able to get cash advance using CanadianCredit. Fee R$ 24 ($100 ARS) per transaction.

In other words:

Foreign (Canadian & Argentine) Credit and Debit Cards are not recognized for payments or Cash Advance at stores, hotels or regular Banks ATM`s.

Foreign Credit Cards are allowed Cash Advance ONLY at the very few designated ”Banco24Horas”. ATM`s.

Things keep changing, ... and I don`t know what is the current situation with CreditCards or DebitCards (Canadian and Argentine) specifically in RioDeJaneiro ... and is it different from Florianopolis (as per above 2 posts 23 & 24) ???

Any up to date recent experience greatly appreciated !!

I understand that Brazil has suspended the visa requirement for citizens of the USA, Canada, Japan and others...ask the consulate

I understand that Brazil has suspended the visa requirement for citizens of the USA, Canada, Japan and others...ask the consulate

Not exactly.

But blokes have to take a electronic visa instead of going to the embassy.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/colunas/mercadoaberto/2017/04/1874401-turistas-de-eua-canada-australia-e-japao-terao-visto-eletronico-do-brasil.shtml

Back