Brazilian Armor For Argentina

Not impressed. I'll stick with the M2 Bradley IFV. Here's what an IFV is supposed to look like. :p And here's the damage it can do:
  1. 25 mm cannon (200 rounds / min, accurate up to 2.5 km)
  2. twin BGM-71 TOW wire-guided missiles (for taking out other tanks at up to 3.5 km)
  3. coaxial 7.62 mm medium machine gun (crowd control)

Just watched this movie. Quite relevant.

Last edited:
I wonder who needs this heavy military equipment ? For an All out military war with the Mercosur Neighbours?

IMHO Better get drones, radars and light border patrol equipment to control the Narcos and illegal immigrants! . For a fraction of the cost?

I wonder who needs this heavy military equipment ? For an All out military war with the Mercosur Neighbours?

IMHO Better get drones, radars and light border patrol equipment to control the Narcos and illegal immigrants! . For a fraction of the cost?

it is not to be used against another army but against civilians ...

It makes no sense to import it when it can be prodiced here nac & pop:

I don't particularly think that Argentina is in a position to be building up its military and much less be importing military equipment.
That being said, the TAM is a main Battle Tank. The Guarani is an infantry fighting vehicle. Two very different types of machines serving very different functions and purposes. So the TAM is not a replacement or a substitute for the Guarani, at all.
In terms of being used against civilians, well, a new TAM or Guarani would be a complete overkill for that matter. If the purpose is to use it against civilians, the M113 currently used in large numbers by the Argentine Army will do the job just fine.

Argentina already makes a vehicle for this purpose, much cheaper. You may have seen it in San Telmo. It is much more appropriate for a city with some of the most bookstores per capita, and ten daily newspapers, too.smbooktank.jpg

Back