Brazilian expat

juliana.td

Registered
Hola!

I'm Brazilian, and have been living in BA since march, and I'll be more than happy to help you if I can.
Came here to attend cooking school, so if anyone is interested in exchange recipes or cooking tips, let me know!

Saludos,
Ju

Cool, what kind of food do you cook?
Did not know they have good cooking schools here, considering the level of food here is very mediocre..

Why not France or NY? Of all places Argentina?

juliana.td said:
Hola!

I'm Brazilian, and have been living in BA since march, and I'll be more than happy to help you if I can.
Came here to attend cooking school, so if anyone is interested in exchange recipes or cooking tips, let me know!

Saludos,
Ju

What are some Brazilian dishes that you can prepare here? I really like the cuisine of Brazil but the ingredients are not always easy to come by.

Saludos

John

Hi Ju! I absolutely love to cook and have been having a great time trying out new recipes here, and trying to figure out how to adapt old ones to the ingredients that are available (and can fit in my small oven). I'd be happy to chat sometime and swap any tips or recipes.

I absolutely love to eat, so if you ladies ever want get a second opinion on how your recipes are coming along, I'd be more than happy to volunteer my taste buds.

AlfajorEfi said:
Cool, what kind of food do you cook?
Did not know they have good cooking schools here, considering the level of food here is very mediocre..

Why not France or NY? Of all places Argentina?

Well, Argentina is closer to Brazil (and less expensive).
I'm not a fan of Argentinian cuisine, but the school teaches international techniques, so it's ok :)
Anyway, I'm going to Italy next year. I like italian food much better than french.

I'm studying to be a pastry chef, but I can cook some brazilian or japanese (brazilianized) food.

Desde2008 said:
What are some Brazilian dishes that you can prepare here? I really like the cuisine of Brazil but the ingredients are not always easy to come by.

Saludos

John

Hey John!

Yeah, somethings are really hard to find here. I brought a few ingredients last time I went to Brazil (and GOOD coffee).
But you can find the basics. The most common meal in BR is rice and beans, and I have been able to cook it here. I have yet to find a place here with good brazilian food. I can't believe there is none.

We can make a brazilian dinner one day. Or even more interesting, a international dinner, I make a brazilian dish, and you cook something from yours :)

Saludos!

katrina said:
Hi Ju! I absolutely love to cook and have been having a great time trying out new recipes here, and trying to figure out how to adapt old ones to the ingredients that are available (and can fit in my small oven). I'd be happy to chat sometime and swap any tips or recipes.

Hey Katrina!

I'd love to swap recipes and tips with you! What do you think about the dinner idea?

And Napoleon, you'd be more than welcome to join us :)

Back